Part 7...painted

~Re-Cap~

I know it’s disrespectful to not join him and stay in the room after all that he has done for me, but in my head all I hear is, once trust is gained your life is lost.

*

The drive to his house was long, and it was quiet, but it was comfortable silence in the car…or at least now it was. He had tried to start a conversation with me, but I wasn’t very corporative with him. It made me feel bad, because he was trying so hard, but I just couldn’t do it. I was still resistant to any kind of friendship between us.

It hurt me to treat him like this, I didn’t know why, but it did.

I still couldn’t believe where he lived. The way he described where lived made it sound so amazing. It was in the middle of the forest with lots of different animals running around, and it‘s near a stream. He said it was beautiful, and secluded, so one will bother you. It made me smile knowing no one will know that I’m here, not even him.

Finally after an hour of driving, I could see the outlining of his property. I was so amazed, it was exactly how he described it. We first drove pasted a large white iron fence and right away you could see the large beautiful lake, and just up ahead was a beautiful house. Even though he had all this land, his house was very modest. It looked just like a log cabin on the outside. It had two floors and windows everywhere making it looked open and free. Amazing.

And the inside was just as amazing as the outside. Just by walking through the front door you could tell that he was really into art. There were many beautiful paintings everywhere. The tan walls were covered, but in it a tacky way. They all blended well with each other.

Even though there were a lot of beautiful paintings I already had a favorite. I couldn’t tell who it was in the picture, It was really hard to see her face, but I could already tell that she was beautiful. It was in full color. She was standing in the middle of a field with her head tilted towards the sky, and her dark hair blowing in the wind. Her eyes looked closed and I could see a slight smile her lips. She looked happy, she looked free.

Because of my intense staring and admiring of the painting, I hadn’t noticed that Victor was right beside me, So when he asked if I liked the painting, I jumped about a mile in the air feeling as though my heart was going to exploded out of my chest.

“I’m sorry,” he said while reaching towards me, but I flinched away from him causing him to stop, “I didn’t mean to scare you.” he whispered the last part. He sounded so sad and hurt. Ah, why does hurting him hurt me? He just another guy…but he does seem different then all the rest so far…

“Are you ok?” He asked me still sounding sad, I just nodded my response, not trusting my voice.

He looked up at me worriedly, not sure what to say, and I wasn’t sure either. I just looked down at the floor sill trying to clam my heart. I still haven’t gained control of it.

When I had finally looked back up at him I saw that he was still staring at me with a worried expression, and he quickly turned his head when ours eyes met. When he did that I thought I saw something there, maybe something I wasn’t suppose to see, but it was there. I saw pain in his eyes. Why would he be in pain?

“That one is my favorite,” He said suddenly, pointing the one I had also fallen in love with, “She’s beautiful isn’t she? She is my favorite person to use for painting, or any art work actually.”

He was the artist of this? “It’s amazing.” I whispered to him.

“Thanks,” He smiled. “ But I can’t get her to smile. She has a wall built so no one can get in. She doesn’t believe that she’s worth anything, she wants to leave this world, but I won’t let her.” He looked at me and he had a determined look, but he looked away quickly. “She never says anything, but I know she doesn’t believe that she beautiful, and if he saw this she wouldn’t know that it was herself that she was staring at.”

*Victor’s POV*

Looking at Emma I could tell she didn’t know she was looking at a painting of herself. This painting only took me two days to complete. I couldn’t get her out of my head, and the image of her wanting to be free gave me this idea.

“What do you call it?” she asked.

“Actually for her its more of a series of painting and art work. I call them The Painted Truth, Seeing as she doesn’t see the truth.”

“It’s a beautiful painting, and so is she.” She said.

Sigh, I looked at her and smiled. “I know she is.” I know you are, I said to myself.

I looked at the painting again wondering how I was going to do this, how was I going to get her to trust me? To fall in love with me? What I did know was that I needed to be care around her, or I might say to much or scare her off.

“Well How about I show you to your room?” She nodded, “Ok, Well I did tell you that you’d be in a different place in the house and that’ll be down stairs and I’ll be up stairs. Does that sound ok with you?”

“It sounds find.” she replied quietly and I led her to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I know I keep making these short but I really never have much time to write due to school, but I hope you enjoy anyways! :P

Please comment & vote! It helps me write :D