Part 3...A Chance?

~Re-Cap~

*Victor’s POV*

I always knew my mate would be different & beautiful, but she is beyond what I had expect. Her eyes where a brilliant blue and her hair was a dark brown. Normally it would look weird for someone to have features like her‘s, but they go with her perfectly.

Once she made eye contact with me I knew that there was no way that I would ever leave her side. I saw a flicker of trust spark in her eye, but just as fast in vanished.

I know the doctor said that she has gone through more abuse then we may have expected and I know that I have my work cut out for me.

*

~Still Victor's POV~

"Right, So Emma we Know why your here and don't worry we won't ask you any questions, but is there anyone we can call? Family? Friends?"

At the mention of family Emma's features seem to harden. But she didn't speak, she just shock her head no, and looked down at her hands wrapped in the bandage.

"Well then, I guess I'll go and finish up some paper work. Victor visiting hours are over, but seeing as you were the one to save this young lady we'll make an exception and allow you to stay as long as she allows, ok?"

"Ok, thanks." I replied.

After he left there was an awkward silence, but then what do you expect when your in a hospital sitting next to someone you don't know.

"Why are you here?" I heard her ask in a whisper and if it wasn't for my wolf hearing I would've missed it.

Sigh. Why she asked me. If only I could tell her, if only I could explain why. But when it comes to having a human as a mate they tend to freak out. It's best to first let them trust you and develop feeling for you, if you don’t they usually leave thinking your crazy and the wolf is left dead inside, never the same as we was before.

But there are the lucky few they either win over their mate quickly or they see them again later in life and they get another shot at that happy ending.

"I’m here because I care. I don't like seeing young, beautiful women, like yourself, try and end their lives. I'm here so that I may be able to help you. Will you allow me to help you?" I was praying she'd say yes.

I needed to help to her. I will never be able to forgive myself is anything happened to her, I don't know what I'd do if she killed herself when I could've stepped in and done something about it.

"No," she whispered, "no, your just like him, just like him, and I wont go back. All guys are the same. They are manipulative, conniving jerks who only want one thing. Is that what you want? Is that what your after?"

Jeez, human men give us a bad wrap. Sure there are a few dumb wolves who just use women, but not all of us. "No, all I want from you is your permission to help you." please say yes, I need you to say yes!

"I don't need help," she stated louder, "I want to die. Life has nothing for me, and it will never be anything but a living hell for me." she looked at me with pain and tears in her eyes I felt my heart break in two, "And just when I finally get enough courage to run from him and end it, you find me." Once she realized what he said her breathing got hard and her heart monitor was going crazy.

It shocked me that a nurse never came in running trying to find out what was going no.

I was going to try and comfort her, but when I raised my hand to place it on her shoulder, she filched away from me, so I stopped.

"Emma please? What can I do to earn your trust?" Please give me a chance! I'm begging here!

She was silent for awhile before she answered, "No, there’s nothing you can do. Unless you can erase the last 22 years of my life? Can you do that for me?"

I was stund. Has she really been abused for all her life? "No I can't Emma, and I really wish I could, but I can give you a new future, a new life, a new beginning."

"Why should I trust you? Why should I give you a chance, when every time I try to be happy life just has to throe me in to hell again."

Hearing all this, all she has been throw was just insane. I felt this pain in my heart, I felt HER pain now that she was my mate I felt it, and I knew she was feeling the pain from her past, but I didn't understand it. I don't think I could ever fully understand her pain.

"Can't you feel it? Don't you have that feeling that maybe I'm different? Take my hand, and feel my warmth." I raised it and she flinched again, but I still lifted it raised. "Look into my eyes and see the sincerity in them." I stayed there waiting for her to look at me, to take my hand.

~Emma's POV~

What do I do? I do have that feeling, but my feeling have never been good to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please show your support by voting & commenting! :*)