Cold Ideas

Kendra's POV

I sat down by the water for a good half hour, before turning back towards the house. The instant I reached the driveway Kid was walking out of the garage towards me.

"Stay away from me." I warned as I quickly made a beeline for the front door.

"What's up Kendra?" Ace asked as I stepped into the house.

"I need to get out of here." I sighed as Jade and Law walked into the room holding hands.

"Lets go to the beach." Jade shrugged.

"You do know it's not that warm out right?" Law laughed.

"So, we can have a fire and just kind of chill on the beach." Jade shrugged.

"Great, I'm gonna go get my swimsuit." I nodded, heading towards my room.

"Kendra, it's not that warm out!" Jade yelled after me.

"I know." I laughed as I changed into my bathing suit.

"Why don't we just go camping?" Ace shrugged as I joined everyone else in the living room.

"Because you all have school tomorrow." Law laughed.

"Do we have to go?" Jade frowned up at him.

"Yes." he nodded with a slight laugh.

"I'm gonna go see if Sukoshi wants to come too." I sighed, heading towards the garage door.

"I'll come with you." I could hear Ace's footsteps behind me as he spoke.

"We'll get everything together then." Jade called out after us.

I nodded as we headed out the garage door and up the stairs to the small apartment.

"Sukoshi." I smiled as I walked in the door.

"She's sleeping." Kid sighed, keeping his eyes on the tv.

"That's great." I muttered sarcastically as I headed towards Kid's room.

"Where are you going?" he asked as I heard heavy footsteps following me.

"To get her." I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Why?" he asked with more venom in his voice.

"To go out." I shook my head in annoyance.

"Where?" he asked grabbing my arm and forcing me to turn around to look at him.

"Out, what does it matter to you?" I spat slapping his hand off of my arm.

"It doesn't." he shrugged quickly covering up the hurt in his eyes.

"Great, now leave me alone." I turned around, walking into his room to see Sukoshi fast asleep.

"I told you she was sleeping." he smirked as I closed the door and turned around to leave.

"Get out of my way." I growled as he blocked the hallway.

"Kendra..." he sighed walking towards me.

"No, I gave you a chance and you betrayed me." I yelled, pushing my way past him.

"Kendra?' Ace looked at me worriedly as I stormed into the room.

"Can I borrow your phone Ace?" I asked with a slight smirk on my face.

"Sure?" he frowned handing his phone to me.

I scrolled through his phone until I found the number I was looking for and hit the call button before putting it on speaker.