Eternally Yours

Law's POV

The drive from New York to Ohio was long and tiring. I already hadn't had more than 3 hours of sleep when I started the trip after work. It was hard not to fall asleep while driving, but listening to Hollywood Undead with the windows down so the cool winter air was slamming me in the face did a great job of keeping me awake.

As soon as I got to my grandmother's house she was asking me what I wanted to eat and if she could get me anything. If I wouldn't have talked to her doctors myself I wouldn't have even noticed that she was sick and in pain. That's what Pancreatic cancer does though, it eats you from the inside. Hell, all cancer eats you from the inside. Some of them are just easier to take care of than others. Medically I know that there's nothing that I could have done differently, but I can't help but feel like if I were around more I would have noticed the signs before it got so bad. Her doctors as well as my mother said that she'd done a great job of hiding her pain for a long time, but I might have been able to see it if I were here.

After spending about an hour with my grandma I couldn't sit there any longer so I put her down for a nap and went for a walk. I left my cell phone number on the table next to her bed along with her phone. As soon as I started walking childhood memories started flooding back to me. I remembered running across the street when I was little and jumping off of the neighbor's docks and. into the channel that led out to the bay. When I wasn't jumping off of the docks I was riding my dirt bike down the road to the beach with a towel draped over my shoulder.

"The neighbors used to get so pissed off because of how fast I used to go -ya." I laughed to myself as I started walking towards the beach.

The depth of the snow didn't surprise me, I spent many winters and winter breaks here while I was growing up. It was always my own personal winter wonderland. The only difference between now and when I was growing up is that someone fixed up the old abandoned house a couple of houses down from my grandmother's and moved in. It looks nice though, the extremely light sandy brown siding and the dark forest green shutters look surprisingly nice. The christmas lights add a nice warm glow to the house.

I didn't stay looking at the house long, there was someone moving around inside and I didn't want them to think that I was just standing there staring in their windows. I'm not that kind of person, nor am I a thief or a stalker.

"The winter's as quiet as I remember around here -ya." I smiled thinking about how rowdy things used to get in the summer and how empty it has always been in the winter.

Further down the road there was more and more snow. Its always been easier to walk near the front of everyone's houses because their porches block a lot of the snow that's piling onto the road. I wonder if someone told the new family that, or if they figured it out on their own. Come to think of it, how long have they lived here? I wonder if grandma knows, I'll have to ask her.

I could tell as soon as I reached the beach. The wind grew stronger and colder, not to mention the only thing you could see for miles was pushed up ice and a thick blanket of snow. I chose one of the closest ice shelves to sit behind and relax for a little while. It's a good thing I dressed for the weather because it didn't take long for me to doze off.

Jade's POV

December 7, 2015

Today's the day, the day I am going to do it. I know I have said that "this is the day" more times than I can count, but today is really going to be the day. I have everything planned out and ready to go. Mom and dad are gone and there is no one here who can stop me. I know you would try to stop me if you were here, but you're not. You're gone and my mind is made up. I am finally going to join you...in heaven.