The Past in the Present Affecting the Future

Law's POV

When I got home from the store Luffy and Ace were sitting in the living room and Jade was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Jade?" I asked setting the groceries in my hands down on the floor.

"Food!" Luffy cheered running over to me and searching through the bags.

"She's in her room." Ace yawned slowly getting up, grabbing the bags off of the floor and taking them to the kitchen.

"Thanks." I sighed starting to walk to her room.

"Hey Law, wait up a minute." Ace called setting the bags down and running up to me.

"What's up?" I asked turning towards him confused.

"Some chick came here looking for you." he shrugged.

"Who?" I frowned still confused.

"I don't know, she never gave us her name. She just said she'd be back." he informed walking over to the couch and sitting down.

I shook my head and continued walking towards Jade's room. I could hear music coming from the other side of the door, but other than that it was quiet.

"Jade, can I come in?" I asked knocking on the door.

"I guess." I heard her mumble as I opened the door.

I looked in to see her in Jack Skellington pajama pants and an oversized grey t-shirt lying on her bed and staring at the ceiling.

"What are you listening to?" I asked closing the door behind me and leaning against it.

"A Rocket to the Moon." she sighed sitting up.

"I like it." I smiled at her.

She shrugged, but didn't say anything.

"So what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" I asked shrugging off of the door, walking over to her, and sitting down next to her.

"I keep thinking about that car that was here earlier and the girl who was asking for you." she shrugged looking away from me as the song changed on her stereo.

"Jade listen, I don't even know who it was that was here earlier. I can't even think of anyone who it would be and don't worry about that car." I explained putting my hand on her knee reassuringly.

"She asked for you by name and said you would want to see her, not to mention the car from earlier was hers." she sighed moving her leg and causing my hand to fall onto the bed.

"Are you jealous?" I mused.

"No." she answered a little too quickly, giving herself away.

"That's it isn't it, you're jealous!" I laughed.

"I am not!" she argued.

"Oh good god, it's written clear across your face." I smiled, watching the blush quickly cover her cheeks.

"Make fun of me all you want, but when I start seeing someone else it's on you." she was flustered now.

"Why would you do that?" I frowned.

"Because of that girl." she mumbled.

"Listen, that girl DOES NOT mean anything to me." I said slowly as she looked down at her legs and played with the hem of her shirt.

"Okay..."she sighed shaking her head back and forth.

"Jade, look at me!" I furrowed my brows gently grabbing her face and forcing her to look at me.