I Wouldn't Mind

Jade's POV

I stood in the doorway with tears streaming down my face as Law pulled out of the driveway.

"Jade, are you okay?" Ace whispered from behind me.

"I didn't want to tell him because I knew this was going to happen. I wanted to protect him from being hurt." I cried as I sat down on the porch.

"Jade, he was going to find out eventually. Even if you did decide to hide in your room all the time." Kendra sighed in frustration.

"He'll be back, he doesn't have his wallet." Luffy laughed holding up the old hunk of leather.

"Come on Jade, lets get you in the house." Ace sighed putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Get off of me." I spat, shrugging his hand off of my shoulder.

"Listen Jade, this is no one's fault but your own. You should have told him as soon as you found out instead of pushing him away." Kendra tried to reason.

"Just go away and leave me alone." I sighed bringing my knees as close as I could to my chest.

"Jade..."

"She said leave her alone Kendra!" Luffy yelled.

"Fine." she stomped past me and headed back to our parents house.

"Do you need anything?" Ace asked as he and Luffy sat down next to me.

"Ice cream would be nice." I half smiled at him.

"Alright, we'll get you some ice cream." he laughed shaking his head.

"Yay!" Luffy cheered, jumping up and running towards the car.

"Do you wanna come too or do you wanna wait here?" Ace asked with a smile.

"I'm gonna sit here for a bit. You guys go ahead." I sighed.

"Well, what kind of ice cream do you want?"

"Ace, hurry up!" Luffy yelled.

"Strawberry. Thanks Ace." I smiled up at him.

"You're welcome. Carrie and Katie should be here soon. We'll be right back." he smiled before heading down the porch steps and towards his car.

I watched them pull out of the driveway and head down the road. I knew that I shouldn't have yelled at Kendra like that, but I don't need them telling me what I've been doing wrong. I've heard enough of that from myself lately. I was sitting on the porch with my head down until I heard a car pull up.

"It's about time you two got here. I've got some shit to tell you." I sighed looking up to see Law standing in front of me.

"I forgot my wallet..." he mumbled looking down at the ground.

"Law...please don't leave." I whispered as fresh tears sprang to my eyes.

"I need to think."

"You can think here."

"I need some space." he muttered.

"But..."

"I said I needed space." he interrupted before walking past me and into the house to find his wallet.

I got up from where I was sitting and ran after him.

"Law!" I yelled, trying to figure out which direction he went in.

When he didn't reply I headed towards his room.

"Law.." I muttered gently pushing his bedroom door open.