Life Happens

Law's POV

A few days have passed since we moved Jade into the house, It works out better for her this way, she gets to ride both to and home from school with Ace and Luffy and doesn't have to ride the bus. I get up in the mornings with Jade and help her make everyone breakfast and surprisingly enough the boys don't give us a hard time when we wake them up. We eat breakfast together before they leave and one they're gone I catch up on some reading and go visit grandma. She doesn't have much longer, I can see that clearly. It's to the point now where she can no longer talk, open her eyes, or even sit up. She can barely move her arms and she's practically all skin and bones. I don't want Ace or Luffy to see her like that, eventually though I'm going to have to take them to see her. Luffy keeps bugging me about it, Jade even says she would like to go pay her a visit.

"Law, we're home!" Jade smiled walking in the front door with Luffy, Katie, Ace, and Carrie in tow.

"How was school?" I asked.

"It was the last day before Christmas break, how do you think it was?" Ace asked throwing his book bag into the corner and taking off his shirt.

"Ace, why don't you keep your shirt on for once?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"I'm too hott for it." he turned slightly and winked at Carrie causing a rosy blush to cover her cheeks.

"Ace stop being a flirt and go get started on your homework, all of you." I shook my head and laughed.

"Jade, can we all work together? I don't understand any of this advanced biology stuff." Luffy attempted to whisper.

"I guess it's a good thing you have one of us in all of your classes." she sighed putting her book bag down on the table.

Once they were all started on their homework I headed out to do some Christmas shopping. It didn't take me long to find everyone something, mainly because I got all of them gift cards for the mall. It was the easiest thing I could do that I knew they would all enjoy.

When I got home they were all done with their homework. Luffy and Katie were sleeping on the living room floor, Ace and Carrie were sleeping on the recliner, and Jade was sleeping on the couch. It was the cutest scene I have ever witnessed. I couldn't help but go over to where Jade was sleeping and move her so I could lay with her.

Jade's POV

I woke up to Law moving me over and laying down with me.

"Hi." I whispered trying to keep my eyes open.

"Hey beautiful." he smiled kissing my cheek.

"Where have you been?" I yawned.

"I went and got some christmas presents." he smiled.

"Ohhh...what'd ya get me?" I questioned.

"It's a surprise." he laughed.

"Law, how come you never work?" I asked getting serious.

"I quit my job in New York and now I'm trying to figure out what made me want to be a doctor in the first place." he explained.

"Isn't it because you wanted to help people?" I asked confused.

"In a sense yes, but I can't remember what made me want to help people." he informed.

"Ohh...well if it's any consolation, you helped me." I blushed.

"I'm glad." he hugged me closer to him.

I can't help but wonder why he doesn't just try to find a job as a doctor here. It might help him, but then again only he knows what's best for him at the moment. I just wish he had something to do all day so he's not sitting around the house all day worrying about his grandmother and how she's doing. He needs to take care of himself better and get out of the house more. It'll probably help if he gets some fresh air.