Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

~ What If ~

Everything was pitch black. I groaned. This is the fourth time this week for me to wake up in the middle of the night. I sat up and opened the lamp next to me.

"Damn it, Zach," my wife hissed at me.

I looked at her and laughed as I saw how hard she's trying to close her eyes.

I leaned towards her and kissed her lips.

The frown on her face was immediately gone. She placed her arms around my neck and pulled me closer to her, deepening the kiss in the process.

I pulled back and stared at her beautiful gray eyes.

"I love you, Alex," I whispered with my lips still brushing hers.

-*-*-*-

That morning Alex insisted that she would cook breakfast. For years of us being together I still don't trust her when it comes to cooking. Last time I left her alone to make breakfast, I had to call the fire department.

"Zach, I can do this on my own," she said while rolling her eyes.

I chuckled and sat myself on the counter. "I know. I just love watching you cook."

"Bullshit," she sang.

"Totally. But it's like we're bonding."

"Fine."

I watched her as she moved around the kitchen being all frustrated. It's been 30 minutes and my stomach is howling for attention.

"Princess, are you done?"

She glared at me but then it was replaced by a look of help.

I laughed again. I went down from the counter and took her by the waist. I placed her down on the counter and kissed her lips.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

Her eyes twinkled in delight. "I want pancakes!"

"The usual?"

She nodded her head eagerly.

I turned my back at her ready to leave when I felt someone slap my ass. I turned to look at Alex and there was a teasing smile on her lips.

"You shouldn't have done that," I said in a mock anger.

"Sorry, boss."

I chuckled. She's so bad at this.

I leaned towards her and nibbled her ear. "I'll punish you later."

"Will you push me against the wall?" she faked gasped.

I nodded my head. "And tie you on the bed."

She burst out laughing. "Go cook before I pounce on you."

I tried to ignore my eager south and went to cook with the knowledge of Alex looking at me.

"Well, boy scout. Are you almost done?" she asked after a few minutes.

I nodded my head and placed the plate of pancakes and bacons on the counter.

She smiled widely and went down the counter. "Thank you, boy scout," she said before sitting down.

"Boy scout?"

"You're making a tent, sweetie."

Huh?

I looked down where Alex's gaze is and noticed a tent. So much for being a guy.

I felt my face blush and that made Alex laugh as she ate.