Chapter 30

Please read my note at the bottom =* Only the Capslock part if you're lazy.

Chapter 30

We were at the hospital. By the end of the trip Zach told me that Doctor Smith might have found a way to kill his cancer.

"I'm not saying that this is 100%. We are dealing with thin ice right here. But instead of a 98% chance of death we're only dealing with 50%."

"Only?" I snapped.

Zach held my hand to keep me cool.

"There are still possibility that this surgery could damage his spinal which may lead to comatose or death. But it could also cure him," Dr. Smith explained.

"So you're saying its like we're dealing with a time-bomb. Either I survive or die," Zach said.

"Yes."

We just sat there making eye contact together.

I don't want him to take the surgery but I also want him to take it. He needs to be cured! But he cannot die.

"Aren't there any other options?" Ali asked.

"As of now there are no other options yet."

-*-*-*-

Zach and I were laying on the bed as we both looked out of the beach. We should be in school right now but Zach decided to take me out of London again and both of us to go to the beach.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too."

"So please understand why I want to take this surgery."

I closed my eyes not wanting any tears to come out.

He held my hand as I felt him sit.

"Alex, I want to be healthy again. I want to be able to wake up and not feel like any minute I may not see you again. I wanna be able to go to college with you. Go on a lot of dates with you. Fight with you but then we'll have make sex after. I want to go on a fucking cliche date and propose to you. I wanna be there to see the day where you walk towards me wearing white and professing your love to me as we sealed everything together. I want to be able to go home and seeing you pregnant and stuffing your face with food. I want to be the one to hold your hands when you push our first born out of you. I want to grow old with you even though you'll be wrinkly and have white hair. And I want to wake up each day beside you and showing you how much I love you."

"But what if this doesn't work? What if..." I trailed off with a sob.

Zach's eyes was filled with pain as he brought my hands towards his mouth and kissed each knuckles of my hands. "We have to think positive, princess."

"What if!" I snapped, more like whined.

Weirdly, Zach chuckled. "Then I want you to continue with your life. Be happy. Your world doesn't revolve around me. You have amazing friends and family. Go on dates. Fall in love. But always know that I love you."

I just kept on sobbing. My heart weighed like tons with a knife pressed against it. It was starting for me to breath harder.

Zach pulled me into a hug and started to shower me with kisses.

"I'll make it through. I'm holding onto something. And that's you."

-*-*-*-

"Five minutes," the nurse informed us.

Ali walked towards Zach and kissed his brother's cheek.

"Ew! Your cooties, Ali!" he kid.

Ali slapped his face making Zach yelp.

"Um, I'll leave you two for awhile." I smiled.

Ali smiled at me gratefully while Zach raised his eyebrow. I walked out the door with a shaky breath.

Two weeks have passed and today's the day that Zach would be getting his surgery. Yes, he's pushing through with it.

"Is he still there?" Justin asked as I sat beside them.

"Yup. He's talking with Ali."

The others have already talked with Zach. But I have a feeling it's more than a talk with Chase. As hard and painful as it sounds I know they were saying their good byes just incase.

Ali walked out of the door with tear filled eyes. She nodded her head at me and walked straight to the washroom.

"Stay strong. He'll make it," Lin whispered at me.

I smiled at her and walked in Zach's room.

Zach was seated on his bed with his hands held together. He smiled at me. His heart stopping heated smile.

I sat on the small chair beside his bed. After a short silence he sighed.

"I love you, okay? I don't want you to forget that," he said.

"I won't."

"And just incase after this I won't remember anything please keep on reminding me that I love you because I really do. And if I don't make it-"

"Stop."

"Alex," he tilted my chin up to face him. Making my gray eyes meet his blue eyes.

I will miss that eyes.

Stop it, Alex!

"If I don't make it please don't forget that I love you. You may loose your love for me but don't forget that I love you, okay?"

I can't respond. I hate how much of a cry baby I am. Is this the result of not crying for 2 years?

"Please, princess?"

"I won't forget. I love you, Zach."

He pulled my face towards him and kissed me. The knock on the door made us pull apart. Zach pecked my lips one last time before pulling away completely.

"You ready?" the nurse asked.

"Let's do this," and he smirked.

I missed that smirk!

Zach kissed me again. When we pulled apart he handed me a box.

"Open it when I'm in," he winked, "I'm your's, princess. I love you."

-*-*-*-

I sat on the couch of Zach's hospital room. I held the box in my hand. Why do I feel afraid to open it? With a shaky breath I pealed off the top cover. Inside was a shiny white gold charm bracelet. I took it out. Feeling my heart swell as I looked at it. It has a lot of charms symbolizing all the things that we have done together. The charms were: the Empire State building, camera, football, ice cream, pizza, car, music note and 2 hearts. The first heart has an A engraved on it and the second one has a Z on it. I wiped few tears away and wore the bracelet. Just when I was about to close the box I noticed a letter.

"I love you. See you later, princess."

-*-*-*-

Sorry guys it's short. I really intended that. Lol.

*THIS STORY IS FICTION THEREFORE I CAN DO ANYTHING THAT I WANT. I REALLY RESEARCHED ABOUT ZACH'S SICKNESS. SO ZACH'S SITUATION HERE IS A HIGH KIND OF CANCER. THE SURGERY I SAID IS JUST A MADE UP ONE. HIS CANCER (SOME) ARE NOT CURABLE ALTHOUGH I WISH IT IS. SO THIS IS PURE IMAGINATION*

I'll post something after this. Get your hearts ready.

I'm really sorry that my posts are becoming rare. I promised that I would be a good student this year. Hehe.

Vote? Comment? Follow? Thank you!

Love you!

Always smile! :)

Xx