Chapter 37

Chapter 37

A soft hand brushed my cheek lightly. My head hurts like a mother fucker and that doesn't help the sun that I can feel through my closed eyelids.

"Wakey wakey," a soft gentle voice cooed.

I moaned. "Go away."

She laughed lightly which actually made me groan because of the pain in my head.

"Come on, Zach. It's past noon."

"I don't give a fuck. Go away."

"Still a jerk in the morning I see."

My eyes fluttered open. I squinted lightly when the sun hit my eyes.

"What the fuck?" I groaned.

Sam chuckled then stood up before kissing my cheek.

"I had a great night," she smirked then left the room.

My heart felt like it was going to pop. What the hell did I do last night?

-*-*-*-

Chase sat on the booth opposite mine with a serious look on his face.

"You stupid little fucker!" he growled.

"I know."

"You son of a bitch!"

I sighed and placed my face on my hands.

"You asshole!"

"I get it!"

His face was red and his hands came to a fist. "You fucking cheated on Alex with Sam!"

I looked around the diner to check if anyone heard. Fortunately, no one was around expect for a young couple and stoned man.

"I didn't," I said but it was more of a question.

"Mostly likely you did, dumbass!" he said sarcastically with pure rage.

"You're my best mate! Stop calling me names!"

He glared at me and threw a piece of tissue at me. "Right now I am pissed with you. I have every right to call names, you piece of shit! You fucking cheated on the best thing that has ever happened to your life!"

That hurts.

Thinking about it hurts like hell. How could I be stupid? I am angry. Furious in fact and the only one to blame is myself. Yes, I don't know if anything happened but me waking up next to Sam... I know how it looks. Though I can't remember a single thing last night.

"I'm not sure if I did, okay?" I said with so much guilt.

"Okay. What do you remember last night?" he sighed.

"Nothing! I only remember you telling me to have fun." Then it clicked. "This is your fucking fault!"

"Shut up you jerk. I said fun! Not insert your dick to some girl."

I groaned. "Should I tell Alex?"

Just when Chase was about to answer I heard a laugh coming from my back. I turned and almost felt like my heart beating so fast. From fury, nervousness, and guilt. As if she felt someone looking at her she turned to look at me. Immediately her smile fades.

Before I was the reason for her smile, now I'm the reason for that frown.

I am a jerk.

Asshole.

And other more insults you can think of.

"Hits you like hell," Chase muttered.

Lin nudged her with her elbow lightly then they started walking towards us.

"How's the party?" Lin asked as she slid beside me.

I want Alex to sit beside me.

Unfortunately she sat beside Chase.

"Fun," Chase answered.

"It doesn't sound like you did," Alex teased Chase.

"I did. But I didn't really hook up with someone."

I glared at Chase. What is his point?!

"You didn't hook up with someone?" Alex chuckled.

"I am serious. You weren't there, babe."

"Chase," I warned.

He stuck out his tongue at me as I continue to glare at him. I gave him the 'its not funny' look but he just ignored me and smiled.

"What about you, Zach?"

To my disappointment it wasn't Alex that asked.

"It was great," I answered.

Shit. Should I tell her?

Alex cleared her throat making me look at her. But I couldn't look in her eyes. I feel like if I did, she might see right through me.

But I should tell her.

I could loose her if I did.

I love her.

I need to be honest with her.

I'll be saying goodbye once I do that.

She deserves so much better than a stupid prick like me.

"Can we talk?" she asked.

I simply nodded my head and awkwardly followed her to a farther booth from Lin and Chase.

When we sat awkward silence filled our air. This never happens to us. I haven't looked at her straight in the eyes yet and I know she feels something.

I started playing with the salt shaker. Pushing it back and forth.

"Can you stop that?"

I stopped and placed it back to where I got it.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

Silence.

Then I heard her sigh.

"I'm sorry."

My head immediately snapped at her.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I'm a bitch. I didn't mean what I said. You aren't clingy. My emotions was just everywhere and I felt like I have to take it out on you. The attention that you are giving to me is the only thing I could think of that could be the reason for me to get angry. But I like the attention you give me. I love how much it would look like I'm your world. That is if I am."

"You are," I said cutting her off from her cute babble.

"And maybe you are clingy but I love it and-"

"Princess, stop babbling," I chuckled.

She smiled. "Sorry."

I should be the one saying sorry.

"I love you."

Her face flushed pink. After all this time she still blush.

"I love you too."

She leaned towards me as I did the same. Without wasting any other second our lips touched each other. But it wasn't the same kisses that we shared. This one was filled with regret and guilt. And it was coming from my side. We pulled apart and slightly pecked her lips.

"I need to tell you something."

She nodded her head and settled back on the chair.

Now or never.

Just when my mouth was about to open laughing erupted from the diner. Alex rolled her gray eyes as she looked at someone behind me.

"Date this early?" I heard Drew groan.

"Annoying this early?" Alex mocked.

That's when Drew sat beside me then Jake did the same with Alex. Soon enough our booth was crowded. Liam, Justin, Crystal, Shay, Chase, Lin and even Riley was seated with us. I honestly don't know how to feel about it. Annoyed or thankful?

Alex looked at me with pure frustration which made me regret anything I did yesterday. This girl is fucking perfect for me. How the hell can I ever do that to her?

But the question is, did I really do it?

-*-*-*-

For those who waited.. Thank you :) hahaha

1K votes! I am happy :))

Vote, comment and follow!

Love yah!

always smile!

Xx