xiv

The dance was a memorable night.

All the glittery ballgowns, flowy skater dresses and sky-high stilettos. 

Somehow, she still felt out of place.

She felt a bit uncomfortable every time she saw him. Her heart really yearned for him to just go up to her and ask for a dance. But she knew it would never happen. He wasn't that type of person. 

A guy who would risk his reputation and dignity for a pathetic teenage girl who was one of many, that had an enormous crush on him.

She splayed her fingers over her face and sighed. Love was one of the greatest challenges in life.

No one she liked would ever like her back.

 --

She lifted her head.

And she watched Geoff dance awkwardly amongst the croud

She noticed something for the first time.

---

Geoff's eyes glimmered under the bright light of the crystal chandelier. They were a light turquoise blue and she wished she had them herself instead of the ordinary brown eyes she sported. And she wondered why she hadn't noticed his incredible eyes before. 

She was probably too busy crushing on someone else to notice anyone that had always been there.

---

She pressed her warm face against the cool glass window. She watched as the glittering lights of the hotel faded away into the distance as her mother rode the car slowly down the freeway. 

She couldn't believe the night was over. 

And she still had school for another five months.

She made a promise to herself.

She would try to find love this year. And if she failed, then,

she wouldn't really know what to do next. 

_____________________________

Hey all,

Merry Christmas, my dear readers xxx

So sorry I haven't updated as frequently as I should've and i'm so disappointed in myself :'(

I love you so much everyone.  i can't believe how much support you have given me 

I'll update soon (this week!)

xox

(PS. my goal is 1000 reads!!! i would be so happy if I reached that goal! )

-macey