vii

It was inevitable. They had to talk. It was for their project, and everyday, she thanked the teacher in her head, as if he was telekinetic.

And one day they talked. That night, she lay in bed, with her eyes open, even though she was unable to see a thing in the pitch black. She thought about the conversation she had with him, over and over. She tried to remember his exact reaction, and analysed every single little thing.

But soon she got pretty frustrated with herself, as she continually thought of things she could've done. She shouldn't have acted so annoying, or maybe so rude, and maybe she should've left her hair out or not acted so vulnerable.

That was the thing she hated; thinking about better things she should've said. She became desperate for more chances to fix her mistakes, but she would always be disappointed with her replies. 

----

But in the end, they knew each other better and managed to have conversations longer than two lines.

He drove her mad. She got more and more crazy about him everyday, and got high off the sight of him or his smell.

And she started to do things for him.

For no reason.

And then she realised.

She was falling for him and would do anything to protect him.

---

She sat on the front decking of her house after school and opened a fresh page in her maths notebook.

She took out her fountain pen and scrawled over the page.

"Love is a strange concept. It makes you desperate for people who don't even know that you're there for them. Desperate for people who don't even feel the same way."

And after that, she ripped out the page and tossed it into the rosebush.

________________________________

Hows, your week been, daydreamers?

Yay! I love updating for you guys! :-)

Do you like how the story's going? I honestly hope you do.

I love those of you who have been kind enough to send me such sweet comments about this story! <3 Thanks for all the feedback!

Dedicated to @Sophie_Valerie for supporting me the whole time :) 

-Macey