x

It had been a week and she still hadnt caught the person that had thrown the note,

and it had said, 

"wanna go to the ball with me? (if you figure out who I am, of course)"

___

Still, it was ineveitable that she wanted to go to the ball with him.

I could sort of sense it too.

But as she stood, gaping at the poster, she realised the boys had to ask the girls out. Not the other way around.

But the chances that the note was from him. was about one to one thousand. 

---

She walked home from school, her back arched slightly forward, her hands gripping to the straps of her schoolbag for reassurance. She walked with her friend, Jean.

"Did you hear? I can't believe it!" Jean squealed, excitedly.

"No."

"About... you know... the most popular guy?"

Her heart fluttered uncontrollably in her chest and she could feel a lump as her voice caught in her throat.

"U-Uh, no. What happened?"

"He still hasn't asked anyone out. I heard from Rachael's boyfriend that he's still narrowing it down to a few girls! I think all of us are excited about it, now. We might actually have hope."

"Oh, I see," she said, with a small smile.

She couldn't give away to Jean how desperate she was for this chance.

_________________________________

Omg, okay guys. I LOVE YOuuuuuuuuuuuu!

The number of reads and follows and votes I got in this past week has amazed me <3 I've absolutely loved receiving lovely comments from you guys, and all that support has made me really happy.

My goal is still 500 reads, and maybe, I can reach it by the time I finish this book  and I am already a little over half way there!

I'll be updating on Friday, so stay tuned! I have so much work, and it sucks.

In the mean time, who do you think 'she' is going to go to the ball with? 

xox

-macey