xi

She even had a list of possible suspects. She was absolutely determined to find out who had thrown the note.

___

Her first class was the dreaded Science.

She sat down in her designated seat, looking around at the colourful posters that decorated the room. 

She waited patiently, crossing her arms across her chest, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

Just as she was about to look at the poster depicting the Periodic Table of the Elements, Mr Hauschburger arrived, silencing the class. Her eyes flicked back to her desk, only to find another pair of eyes already steadily watching her. The bright sea green eyes wandered quickly away, as she stared back at the whiteboard.

It was  Geoff.

_______

"Was it you?" she asked, shrugging her bag off.

"Um, okay, fine. You caught me, I guess. It was me. So, was that a yes?" Geoff replied, suddenly becoming very interested in the wall.

"Sure, thing," she smiled, gratefully.

"So, I'll see you there, hey?" 

"Yep."

And as Geoff walked away, her heart sunk a little. She tried to be happy, at least now she had someone to go with, but at the same time, she could feel the knot in her stomach tightening. 

Just as she whipped around after locking her locker, Hannah and him (her ideal date) were trudging down the hallway, their hands clasped together. 

The knot in her stomach was so tight now, that it could probably just disperse into thin air if it was pulled any tighter.

_____

At lunch, she called home sick.

She could feel a massive migraine coming on, and she never wanted to step foot inside the school again. She was tired of things around there. She was never good enough for anyone or anything, no matter what.

Her mother picked her up in the bright yellow Mini Cooper, and took her home, knowing better than to question her daughter.

--

Once she was at home, she opened a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and swung her closet door open. 

She peered inside the darkness and her delicate gaze landed on the pretty turquoise dress her mother had bought her.

And then she slumped onto her bed, thinking that she would dress up like this for a guy who wasn't her date.

Who wasn't even going to see her.

_______________________

Yay!

So how was your week, my dears?

Mine was alright I guess. Nothing exciting ever happens in real life.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I am so so so pleased with how successful (?!) this story has been :)

I am sort of close to reaching 500 and I am so so so happy! I love you guys! Of course, I am still dedicating to my followers [this chapter dedicated to @ijustwantlove], cos you guys are like, my best frandss x 

<3 I hope my dedication makes you really happy because I love you all! :)

Lemme know if you want to tell me something to improve on, or anything!

xoxo

-maceyyy