~The Story Thus Far: Narration from Tanaka~

"Greetings, and welcome to the 'The Story Thus Far' by yours truly, Tanaka. Of course, I myself thank every reader and fan of the Black Butler series for reading miss Jaclyn Krottner's (Scarlett_Wolf) works. Let us begin now, shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to the 19th century, in the English town of London. This is the story of my young master, Ciel, the head of the noble house of Phantomhive. And it is also the story of his dark butler and long lost sister. His butler was skilled in all manner of culture, dignity, fighting, and last but not least the supreme mastery of highest culinary arts. And his lost sister, filled with beauty and mystery, finds her way into London in search of answers. Also I am not that butler. I am Tanaka, the steward. I have served this house since it's previous master presided."

~Ciel Phantomhive~

"My young master, Ciel, became the next Lord at a very young age. It had started when he lived a good childhood. He was once a cheerful little boy, all with smiles. His mother and father cared and loved him with their hearts, even his Aunt Angelina and Lady Elizabeth. The Phantomhive manor was filled with smiles and happiness, but sadly it didn't last for long. A massive fire caught onto the mansion, burning part of the mansion down. My young master was only ten years old at the time, on his birthday. The Earl and Lady Phantomhive, my young master's parents, were killed in that fire and the young master had vanished."

"After a few months, he returned to the manor. And beside him was a butler dressed in black known as Sebastian Michaelis. He became my young master's head butler and he seemed as if not to leave Master Ciel's side. Lady Elizabeth and Lady Angelina or also known as Madame Red, were relived to see he had returned, but saw the sudden change within him. My master needed new servants to run and care for the household and Sebastian had found three. The servants were Finnian, Baldroy, and Mey-Rin. All three have had hard past events, and now they work at the Phantomhive estate as the gardener, the cook, and the maid."

"My master also took the job of controlling the family company called Funtom Company. The Funtom Company is a toy manufacture that is widely known across the world for its special creativity and marvulous parts they are made out of. However that is only our public face. For countless generations, the Phantomhives have acted on the orders of many English monarchs to maintain order in the infamous underworld. They have been known as the Queen's Guard Dogs."

"The more my young master tries to move forward through his life, the more steps he takes backward and a certain ring passed down through the family for gernerations has born witness to all. Its cursed blue gleam beguiled even the Lady Elizabeth, my master's betrothed. However it may have also glowed for a reason. Not long after my master noticed a certain feeling from his ring, someone unexpected came into London and ended up at our doorstep."

"My young master and Sebastian had returned to the mansion and had brought along a young woman who laid uncocious in the butler's arms. She wore a common white dress, boots, and a bright red cloak. She had a small injury and Sebastian assisted on healing her back to health. After restoring her, my young master had asked her questions and she replied back with no denial. After my young master had heard the girl's story, he surprisingly gave her a job at the manor. Usually, he didn't offer this job just to anyone. At the time, I wondered what my master was thinking of what he thought of her-Mystery. But as time grew by, I could see my young master had a hidden but unrecognizble connection to her."

"I suspect the fate waiting for my Lord Phantomhive will be a cruel one. His family has never known such kindness, but do not worry too much. He has ever been a strong young man and his black butler will be beside him every step of the way and I myself shall make a splendid showing one such as you have never seen- I shall be there when the faultless butler faces his most formable challenge, but that's another story all together..."

~Anastasia Phantomhive~

"My young master had heard rumors about a girl cloaked in red and was referenced as Red Riding Hood, a fairy tale character. This girl seemed suspicious and new to London and my master and Sebastian went to investigate. They returned at nightfall and the girl they were investigating was unconcious in Sebastian's arms. Her features were very noticable and Sebastian had aid her wound. The young lady soon explained her diliema and apparently, she had lost her memory. Since she didn't remember her real name, she had named herself Mystery since she was a mystery to everyone even herself."

"My master had given her a home and she was a splendid worker. I couldn't help but notice how she was very familiar, but other than that she kept her word on working hard and was grateful to not travel or sleep on the streets. She was rather quiet at first when she started working at the manor, but little by little she warmed up to the servants and the young master. Of course, all of us were concerned about Mystery's situation. When a person loses their memory, they struggle to remember anything about themselves but they remain in wonder."

"Mystery was a kind, quiet, and beautiful girl. However, she was mysterious and lost. The time flew by and many events have happened. The mansion seemed more... complete as you can say ever since Mystery showed up at the door. But then dangers have followed Mystery through the shadows. My young master and his butler didn't hesitate to protect her by all means. One of dangers seemed to reveal who she truly was."

"The girl we took in was indeed Anastasia, a Phantomhive relative. Before Master Ciel was born, the last Lord and Lady Phantomhive had a baby girl. By the time she was three years old, she suddenly disappeared. My last Lord and Lady were utterly upset and heartbroken at this term of events. No matter how many investigators we hired, Anastasia was never found. It was a long, painful struggle and my Lord had requested to not mention their daughter-not even her name. As always, I obeyed his wish and I knew it was painful of them to even think of her."

"Whoever knew that the lost daughter of Lord Vincent and Lady Rachel Phantomhive and older sister of my young master, would safely return back home where she belonged. It also seems that Sebastian had hidden feelings for the girl. Although nobles marry other nobles, Sebastian and Mystery continued to hide their feelings."

"Mystery became protective of the young master and feelings between her and Sebastian grew. A while ago, all three were gone for quite some time. When they had returned, all of knew something was changed. My young master had decided to leave the estate and possibly not return. Yes, we were shocked and saddened by this, but they had left after saying our good byes. Whatever lies ahead of my young master and his sister and butler will remain a mystery to us... We still hope that they will return, just like that day when Mystery came home..."