Ch. 11 ~His Maiden, Remembered~

Claude's still and cold eyes stared off into space and they were also filled with bloodlust. But then his golden eyes disappeared and were replaced by soft, beautiful, but mysterious blue eyes. Those eyes stuck in Alois's mind....

 Alois's eyes snapped open as he found himself in his bed and it was already the next day. The sun was shining brightly and Alois looked down and his torso was bandaged. Alois also noticed that Mystery wasn't there. The last thing Alois could remember was her in the dark, but he could still see her. Even though she had her hood up, Alois still saw her face and those eyes of hers. Her looks kept popping in his head and Alois didn't know why...

 Alois winced from the pain of his wound and blood showed up on his bandage. Hannah appeared in his room and knelt down beside him. "Please allow me to change your bandages" she requested. Alois glared at her and with the loose ends of his bandages, he choked Hannah with them and she struggled to breathe. "No, I want Mystery to!" Alois shouted. "I'm.. sorry, my Lord, but... she left late last night." Hannah said. "You're no use to me! Call Claude!" Alois ordered "Y-Yes, of course." Hannah struggled to say and Alois let her go. Hannah bowed to him and left quickly without a word. 

 Alois laid in his bed with no expression. He then sat up as he heard a knock on his door and Claude entered. "Pardon me. Allow me to change your bandages" he said walking to Alois. Claude unwrapped the bandages and cleaned the stitched wound and Alois winced. "The brat could've at least done a better job of stabbing me." Alois commented. "Yes, he used force than he could control." Claude says, "If he'd kept calm, I'm sure he would have been able to get deeper." "You almost sound like you wish he had." Alois said suspiciously. "No. It's just... It's such an awfully clumsy, artless, pure wound." Claude says tracing Alois's wound. "Claude.." Alois scoffed. "Yes?" "Do you fancy the smell of my blood? Does it make you want to feast?" Alois asked. Claude looked up at him and shockingly smiled. "Yes, it does."

 Alois gasped and his eyes widen as he saw Claude smile. Or was it a fake smile? He stood up and bowed to Alois. "Now, if you'll excuse me..." Claude lastly said and he left the room. "What was that?" Alois asked himself looking more than surprised. "A smile? From Claude?!" Alois then fell back into his bed and still being surprised, he looked off to his side. "That's... sickening..."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Hannah was mopping the living room and she seemed concentrated on her work. She stopped mopping when she heard the water bucket she use, spill and hit the ground. Hannah turned to see Alois out of bed holding his wound and he didn't look well. "My Lord..." Hannah said in lost of words. Alois slowly walked toward her and Hannah watched him. He was now close to her and he knocked her down causing Hannah to gasp in surprise. Alois hovered over her and he breathed heavily.

 He still held his wound and continued to breathe heavily. Hannah only stared up at him, not saying a word. Alois then began to cry and his tears dropped onto Hannah's face. "Take..." Alois muttered painfully. "Take me..." he said. "... Take me to Mystery!" Alois said crying more. Hannah looked at him sympathically. She could see just by looking into Alois's sad, painful, teary eyes that Mystery was an important person to him. Just like.... Luka....

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Hannah made the horses run faster as Alois sat in the carriage. He still covered his wound, breathing heavily. He wanted to see Mystery immediately, for her comfort and to know why just being with her seems familiar. Night came quickly after they traveled a long distance from the mansion. Alois looked out the carriage window and as they passed by many trees, he remembered his past memories....

 Alois was only a little boy and he had another boy with him only he was smaller and younger. They stole whatever they needed to survive, even if it belonged to the weak and elderly. Alois and the boy reached back to their poor house and they looked through the belongings they stole. "Brother, is this medicine?" the little boy asked. "Just throw it away" Alois said going through more things. "I wonder if he'll be all right without. Will he die?" the boy asked. "Not likely. Besides, who cares if he does? He's a dotty old man." Alois said.