Ch. 18 ~His Maiden, Not Alone~

It was foggy and silent but the water moving. Sebastian and Claude each paddled the boat and directed it toward an island. Hannah sat in the middle with Ciel's head laying on her lap as she smoothed his hair. Mystery sat behind her but in a good distance. The whole trip, she stared at Hannah as she remembered her words back at the clock tower.

"My master formed a contract with me while in control of Ciel Phantomhive's body. In other words, Ciel Phantomhive's soul... will not see the light of day... until my master's soul is released as the contract stipulates."

"What are the details of the contract? What are Alois Trancy's wishes?" Sebastian asked her. "It's a secret between my master and I." Hannah said. Claude scoffed. "How cocky." "But I will tell you this," Hannah continued, "My master's wishes include for one of you to end your life as a demon. Mystery has passed the last trial and since neither of have passed, one of you shall win this next trail while the other dies. The winner will face off against Mystery, and then there will be a final winner. When that happens the contract between my master and I will be fulfilled. And Ciel Phantomhive's soul will be released by my master..."

"When I win this next trial, I refuse to fight against my mate for my young master" Sebastian said. Hannah smirked. "Yes... Mystery has no interest at devouring Ciel Phantomhive's soul, she only allows you, Sebastian, to have his soul than any other demon. If Sebastian wins then Ciel Phantomhive belongs to both Sebastian and Mystery. However, if Claude wins, Mystery and him will battle for Ciel Phantomhive..."

This was a risky situation. Now all Mystery could do was hope Sebastian would win this for both her and Ciel. She was sick of these trials and Ciel in danger. She knew the feeling and it did not make her feel well. Mystery just wanted to go back home with Sebastian and Ciel back to the mansion, where Mey-Rin, Bard, and Finny were. And of course Tanaka, and Elizabeth visiting.

They reached the island and had gotten off the boat and found themselves in a deserted wasteland, away from the trees and mountains. Mystery knew this island. It was the same one where Sebastian brought her and Ciel after defeating the angel. It was where Sebastian was supposed to take Ciel's soul and the place where she became a demon...

"This island of death, a sanctuary for demons..." Claude said overlooking the scenery, "It seems your rage caused some damage... Sebastian Michaelis..." Claude smirked at him, but Sebastian glanced away from him. Mystery gave a look and growled, "Well you caused him to do it." Claude smirked at her and now Sebastian glared at him. "Hannah, since you brought us here.. does that mean..." Hannah had laid Ciel on the ground and she still caressed his hair. "The next trial will carry out here, a formal duel between two demons."

They were now underground and it was filled with rocks and green crystals. Claude held onto Hannah as Sebastian reached in her to pull the sword out. Hannah gagged as Sebastian pulled the entire sword out of her and after Hannah caught her breath, she got up and Sebastian handed her the sword. "There is no attack that can fatally wound a demon. However, a wound caused by a demon's sword will never heal. And... a soul pierced by a demon's sword will come to a complete end." Hannah said and threw the sword up as it pierced into the upper rocks. Mystery stood near Ciel as did Hannah. Hannah held her arm up readying the two butlers to start the match. "Come now!"

Sebastian and Claude ran in the circle around the sword ready for Hannah to send the signal. "I'm the one who'll sink his teeth into the soul of the young master! And that maiden is mine!" Claude shouted as both he and Sebastian jumped toward the sword. Claude saw Sebastian was about to grab it but outstretched his arm and a long line of spider web grabbed the sword and Claude pulled it, leaving him with holding the sword. Both of them landed on the ground and Claude didn't hesitant on attacking Sebastian with the sword. Claude tried stabbing Sebastian, but he was too quick. "I'll tear you apart!" Claude shouted and Sebastian gritted his teeth as he kept dodging.