Ch. 19 ~His Maiden, Leaves~

• Věnováno To my/family's cat who died on January 17, 2012

Morning arose at the Phantomhive estate and the birds were singing as the sun shined brightly. Ciel was sleeping and Sebastian was there to wake him up. "Good morning, young master." Sebastian said as he opened the curtains. Ciel squinted his eyes as he woke up. Ciel sat up in bed and stretched. Ciel put on his eye patch then Sebastian dressed him in dark clothing. After he tied the bow around his shirt collar, Sebastian stopped. Ciel stared down at him and his visible eye glowed.

"Would you prefer to make it tighter?" Ciel asked. Sebastian glanced up at him. "No," he barely replied. Sebastian helped put his jacket on then went to get the tea ready. Sebastian poured the tea kettle over a cup but nothing came out of the kettle. "Today's tea is New Moon Drop." Sebastian said then walked back to Ciel and handed his tea. "What's my schedule like today?" Ciel asked. "Completely open." Sebastian replied. 

Ciel smirked as he picked his tea cup up and smelled the faint aroma. "It smells good," he said then pretended to take a sip as Sebastian put on his boots. There was a knock on Ciel's door causing the two to look up. "Come in." Ciel said and the door opened and it was Mey-Rin, looking not happy nor sad, but... unsure. "Y-Young master? Lady Elizabeth is here, yes..." she said. Ciel nodded and handed Sebastian his tea cup. As Sebastian held the cup, Ciel left his ring on his nightstand and passed his door way. "Young master..." Mey-Rin said. "I'll decide today's schedule myself." Ciel only said as he walked away. Mey-Rin watched him leave then glanced at Sebastian who only stared off into space with a frown...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sebastian was talking to Brad and Finny in a deserted hallway. "Both of you, please attend the young master and Mystery. Make sure not to be impolite to Lady Elizabeth." "Where are you going, Sebastian?" Finny asked concerned. "I'm off to take care of some business." Sebastian said as he walked off leaving the servants in the hallway. "Business? Hey, Sebastian!" Bard called to him but once Sebastian had left, Bard and Finny looked at each other concerned and questionably.

"Ciiiieeellll!" Elizabeth sang happily as it rang through the mansion. She hugged Ciel tightly as they were in the front room. Ciel winced but relaxed as they broke their hug. "I missed you! Ah! What's wrong with that outfit?! It's not cute!" Elizabeth said and pouted. "Such a plain outfit doesn't look good on you." Ciel smiled at her. "I suppose not... Maybe I'll change... just like that day." "Just like that day? Ciel... Are you saying..." Elizabeth said surprised by his statement. Ciel still smiled at her and held out his hand to her. "Will you dance with me, my Lady?" Elizabeth got teary eyed and smiled. "My pleasure!"

A recorder played as the two danced on the dance floor. They both smiled until Elizabeth thought she saw Ciel with red eyes for a second. She ignored it and kept dancing with Ciel. Meanwhile from the second floor, Mystery happened to pass by and she stopped and watched as Ciel and Elizabeth danced. She wanted to smile but this was not a happy time. Ciel wanted to spend a last time with Elizabeth. And for Mystery, it would also be the last time to see her. Mystery continued walking down the hall.

She looked up while she was walking and saw Sebastian, frowning as ever. He stopped when he saw her. "Mystery... will you be ready when I return back?" he asked. Mystery only nodded. Sebastian then walked but before he passed her, Mystery grabbed his sleeve. Sebastian looked down at her curiously. "Sebastian, I'm sorry..." she said. Sebastian then turned to her. "For what?" he asked. "... You know what I mean..." Mystery said then Sebastian cupped her cheek. She looked up at him and he smiled small- lovingly but sadly. "As long as I have you, that's what matters." Sebastian said then slowly removed his hand from her cheek and gazed at for a few seconds then turned to leave.