Ch. 13 ~His Maiden, Despairing~

Ciel had believed Alois was dead for a while now. To him, he was halfway done with getting revenge. All that was left was the butler, Claude. Sebastian was very close to eating Ciel's soul and everything was prepared for his meal. Mystery was more quiet since Alois died and she didn't pay attention to how many days have passed. She was still upset with Sebastian about putting her brother in more danger and that he didn't tell her about it.

 However, strange events have happened around London. Young boys were attacked and one eye would be gouged out. Ciel, Mystery, and Sebastian sat in the carriage as they were brought to the recent victim's house. Ciel remembered Alois bleeding to death but what he said got to Ciel. Alois said to him, he was being tricked by a demon and that he and Ciel were the same... Ciel could only wonder what he meant...

 The three visited the boy and both of his eyes were covered with a bandage but only one eye of his was gouged out. The boy told them what happened and said it was a boy his age but a noble. The boy was already shaking up and Ciel decided to leave after they got the victim's story. Sebastian had managed to get many witness's on a list and Ciel looked over it. All of them point to that this criminal was a noble. Ciel chuckled. "He's mocking me." Ciel said and Mystery looked at him questionably. "What do you mean, Boc-chan?" Sebastian asked. Ciel took out a pen and drew on the map. "I'll draw a line between the Phantomhive and Trancy estates. Then connecting that with all of the scenes of the crimes..." Ciel finished and showed his sister and Sebastian. 

 Mystery narrowed her eyes at the picture that was drawn. The picture was a spider web. "He's behind this." Ciel said. "I didn't think Alois would still be alive. He's persistent, I'll give him that. So... he survived.." his voice trailed off and Mystery lowered her gaze. "A butler answers his master's questions reliably and truthfully. Am I right?" Ciel asked making Mystery look back up at him. "Yes" Sebastian said. "You aren't hiding anything from me about Alois, are you?" Ciel eyed him. Mystery glanced at Sebastian with her eyes. "No, nothing." Sebastian replied and Mystery looked away.

 They were interrupted when an explosion happened next to them and Sebastian grabbed Ciel and Mystery away to safety. "Is it him?" Ciel asked thinking it was Claude. "No, this is.." Sebastian says looking around and Mystery could also sense what caused the explosion. Sebastian then placed Ciel and Mystery in a big box that was outside next to a building. "Stay here you two" Sebastian says. "It smells" Ciel commented. "Please bear with it for a bit. You mustn't take one step out of this box, do you understand?" Sebastian asked. "Yes," Mystery said while Ciel only sighed for his reply. Sebastian then covered them with the lid and they heard Sebastian run off.

 It was quiet in the box and Ciel glanced at Mystery had a frown on her face and she was thinking deeply on something. "Mystery?" Ciel asked and she looked at him. "..... Nevermind.." Ciel said looking away. Something told him Mystery was different but didn't know what...

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Sebastian was fighting with William Spears and a new member, Ronald Knox the shinigamis. Apparently they were looking for Alois Trancy's soul and suspected Sebastian was behind it. "Ah, so you've come to take that soul. Are you sure that's all you've come here for? If you're after the Maiden in Red, then I won't allow it. She's my mate and I won't let anyone harm or take her." Sebastian said. 

 "Well, demon, we're not interested since she is now one of your kind now," Will said in disgust, "She's technically useless to us." Sebastian smirked as he attacked them once more and the shinigamis fought back. Sebastian threw knives into Ronald's death scythe that was a lawn mower and it broke. "Aw man!" Ronald said as he went to fix his death scythe quickly. Sebastian then threw another and knocked off Will's glasses and with a smirk, Sebastian ran off.