Chapter 13

Astrid POV

I gave a groaned as I paced around the cave. It have been three days since we had in counted the Berkins and Hiccup still hadn't woken up from the lighting strike. As soon as Hookfang had grabed Hiccup from them, we took him straight to Goiti. Goiti was the only one on Berk who knew we were still alive and she promised that she wouldn't tell anyone. Toothless was lying next to Hiccup bed worried. He had woken up half and hour after we had gotten back from Goiti's and hadn't moved from that spot. 'He'll be okay Toothless. I'll watch him. You need to rest' I said seeing that Toothless was almost falling asleep. 'No. I want to be there when he wakes' Toothless said back. 'Toothless. Hiccup won't want to see his dragon almost falling asleep in flight. Just rest Toothless. He'll be fine' I said placing my hand on Toothless's head showing that it would be okay.

Toothless gave a small grumble before letting his head fall, sleep taking over him. I gave a small smile before sitting down beside Hiccup and ran my fingers through his hair. "Please wake up Hiccup" I mumble, a few tears escaping. I had tried to keep my sadness buried down, but I couldn't stop then this time. The tears flowed down my checks as I burred my head in Hiccup's chest listening to his heartbeat and the patten of his breathing as I cried. I soon heard a groan, thinking it was Toothless, I sat up and turned to look at the black dragon, only to find he was asleep. "A-Astrid."

I immediately turned around to see Hiccups emerald eyes staring up at me. "Hiccup" I gasped before throwing myself onto him. "You had us so worried" I said hugging him as Hiccup pulled himself into a sitting position. "How long have I been out" Hiccup asked. "Three days. I took you Goiti as soon as we got you. Don't worry Goiti won't tell anyone about us" I said looking up at him seeing his distorted face of someone knowing that their were still alive. "I hope so" Hiccup said as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into him as I gave a yawn. "Tired?" He asked. "A bit, I haven't slept since we got back" I said giving a small nod. "Astrid you need to sleep. We can't have a tired Dragon rider can we" Hiccup said. "I know, I was just worried about you" I said burying myself more into Hiccup's chest as tiredness took over me as I fell into a dreamless sleep.

********

Hiccup POV

It's been a week since I woke up from the lighting incident and let just say that Astrid has been a little bit more protective than usual. She been setting up more defensive around the island and our home along with training more dragons. She's not even letting me go for flight with out letting her or some other dragons go with me. I'm not sure wether it was because of me being hit with the lighting or the run in with the Berkins that's cause her to be like this but I'm sure it's nothing to big.

"Coming on Toothless. Let's go be Astrid finds out" I said as Toothless and I snuck out of the cave. "You sure you know what your doing?" Toothless asked looking back into the barely lit cave as it was getting dark. "Of course Toothless. It'll be a quick spin around the island. Now let's get going" I  said as I quickly climbed on Toothless and took off. "Alright. You know how Astrid can get when we've been gone to long" Toothless said. "I know bud. I just want some time alone with you" I said patting Toothless on his head as we wove through the clouds around the island.

********

"Hiccup what are you doing"

Astrid's voice rang through the cave as she entered drawing me away from the shield I was creating. "Nothing much. Just creating a new shield as I practically can't go anywhere" I said turning my attention back to my shield. I could hear Astrid walking closer to me before a hand rested on my shoulder.

"Hiccup I'm sorry."

Hey everyone. I'm so so sorry for not updating. I just haven't found the effort to update, cause I've been really busy, plus I've got a writer block with this book. I will try to update this book again soon, I promise.

LadyNoir out