Chapter 6

Astrid POV

It had been a week since the fiasco with the Berkins and Hiccup hadn't really been the same. I awoke one morning to find Hiccup bed empty but saw Toothless curled up with Stormfly. I swung me legs of my bed and grabbed my axe before leaving though the entrance that we had recently created in a hope to hid our home more before making my way to the waterfall and lake that was a few metres from the cave where I knew Hiccup would be.

I was right as I saw Hiccup leaning against a boulder staring into the crystal clear water. "You okay Hiccup" I asked sitting down next to him placing my hand on one of his legs. "I fine Astrid. Just couldn't sleep" Hiccup said not making eye contact. "I can tell why else would you be out here in the middle of the night" I said smiling at him as he continued to stare into the water. "Alright tell me what's bothering you" I said. "It's nothing Astrid trust me" Hiccup said. "Hiccup please tell me" I said leaning closer. Hiccup groaned. "Fine. I'm just worried that, what if my father had found us" Hiccup said finally looking at me. "I don't know Hiccup. But just be lucky that he didn't find us" I said kissing him on the check which suprised Hiccup and me.

"Astrid" Hiccup said looking at me a bit pink in the face. "Yes Hiccup" I asked. "Thank you." Hiccup said. "For what" I asked slightly confused. "For coming with me. I don't know what I would do without you" Hiccup said. I just smiled and wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. Hiccup was shocked at first but then hugged me back burring his head into my fur hood.

*************

I awoke the next morning to see myself curled up with Hiccup. We must of fallen asleep last night cause we were still by the lake. I soon heard Hiccup give a small groan beside me as his eyes fluttered open. "Morning" he said smiling at me. "Morning" I replied back pulling myself to my feet as I stretched.

As we made our way back to the cave we heard a rustling noise behind us. "What the" Hiccup said as I tighten my grip on my axe. We both stare at the bush before a wild Changewing came out from behind the bush. "Hiccup you can't be serious" I said as Hiccup slowly moved toward the dragon. "Astrid just think about it. A trained Changewing." Hiccup said looking at me. The Changewing growls at Hiccup as he got closer. "Hey. It's okay. We won't hurt you" Hiccup told the dragon. It looked at us in surprised before falling to the side showing a huge gash under its wing. "Astrid go get Toothless and Stormfly now" Hiccup told me as he bent down next the the Changewing and inspected the gash. "On it" I said before running off.

Hey everyone. I'm so so so sorry for not updating this. I had a bit of a writers block and I had completely forgotten about this. I promise I will update this as soon as possible. Till then

LadyNoir out