Chapter 6

Hey guys!!! I haven't updated recently so to me it feels like forever!! But anyways, I'm back. Uh here's chapter 6! I made it a little longer since I haven't updated recently. Just for you guys!!

Enjoy!

Xox 😘😘
~Meghan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning, feeling energetic and well rested. I quickly took a shower and dried my hair, letting it fall in its natural waves.

I pulled out my outfit for the day. I picked out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and my favorite red shirt.

I decided to then straighten my hair. I pulled on all my clothes and went to my bathroom. I pulled out my straightener and plugged it in. I waited for it to heat up and then I straightened my long blonde hair.

When I was done I grabbed makeup from the other drawer and applied some. Looking decent, I grabbed my perfume and spritzed myself with it.

I grabbed some of the stuff I needed and put it in my purse. I took my purse and my book bag downstairs with me and into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge, shoved it in my book bag and grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl on the counter.

I turned and looked at the clock. I still had about a half an hour before I had to be at school. I went back upstairs and sat on my couch. I thought about what to do to pass time. I was almost all unpacked. It's been about four weeks since my dad and I got here, four weeks since I last saw my mother.

I still had a few things left that I needed to unpack. My room was already painted and I had all my furniture where I wanted it. All my clothes were unpacked, occupying my dressers and closet.

I had all the stuff I needed daily was unpacked and put away. The only things I needed to unpack were my books, movies, magazines, Cd's, and pictures.

I pulled a box over and started to unpack it. It was the box with my pictures. My pulled out my picture memory board, with most of the pictures wedged between the ribbons. I hung it on the hooks on the wall above my bed. Next, I pulled out some picture frames and placed them on my dressers. I grabbed some posters I had and taped them up on the space on my wall next to my door. I put some in my walk-in closet too.

Then, I unpacked the box full of CD's and movies. I put them in the media center under my tv. I put those two empty boxes in the hall outside of my door. The last box I had was bigger than the rest. It had my books and magazines in it. I unpacked all of the magazines and put them in the magazine rack next to my desk. Then I grabbed some books and walked over to my currently empty bookshelves.

I shelved the books and soon the huge box full of books and magazines was empty. I grabbed that box and the other two out in the hall. I walked downstairs again. I saw my puppy laying in his bed, all curled up. I went through the first floor and into the garage. I threw the empty boxes in the one corner with the others.

I went back into the house and walked back upstairs. I straightened a few things out and sat on my couch to eat the apple I had brought up here earlier.

I finished it and walked over to my closet. I picked out a pair of black wedges and slipped them on.

I walked down the stairs and over to the kitchen table. I grabbed the pen and notepad and wrote my dad a note.
I got my book bag, purse, car keys, and headed out the door. I got in my car and threw my bags into the passenger seat beside me. I turned the key and turned on the radio. I found a station and pulled out of the driveway.

I drove down the curvy road that led me to school. I followed the road and came up to school. I pulled in the parking lot and found an empty space. I heard tired pulling up behind me and I turned around. I saw Stiles pulling into the empty space next to me in his blue jeep. Scott was in the passenger seat and they gave me a wave. I waved back and got my stuff out of my car. I opened the door and stepped out.

"Hey guys." I said, smiling.

"Hey." they said.

We walked into school together and went our separate ways to our lockers. I got to my locker and opened it. Allison and Lydia came over and waited for me. Soon Stiles and Scott came over and waited for me too.

"Are you still coming over tonight?" Lydia asked Allison and I.

"Yeah. Totally." Allison said.

"Of course." I said.

We all walked to hometown together. I sat with Lydia, Allison, and Jackson. Stiles and Scott sat down on my other side.

Stiles leaned over and whispered something to me. "How do you know Lydia and Jackson?"

"I met them yesterday at the practice." I state. He nodded.

"Who's the other girl? Allison right? She's new too like you, right? Scott has a little crush on her." he smirked.

I couldn't stifle the laughs that came out. He likes Allison. I'm going to have so much fun with this. Stiles seemed to have the same idea. He laughed too.

"So you're hanging out with them tonight?" he asked.

"Yeah Lydia invited me over. Why?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Oh, just wondering. You know Lydia and Jackson are really popular." he said.

"So? They're nice." I stated.

"Maybe to you. Jackson hates us. He's kind of a dick." Scott then said.

"He was nice to me." I said.

"Well if he starts being an ass to you, tell us." Stiles said seriously.

"Um okay." I agreed, knowing they wouldn't let this go of I didn't agree.

They nodded and turned back around.

Lydia then texted me. I pulled out my phone and checked the message.

'You're sitting with us at lunch right?'

I texted back quickly. 'Yeah.'

'Good.' she texted back.

I locked my phone and slipped it bak into my purse. The announcements came on over the speakers, but nobody gave a shit. The teacher tried to quiet us down but failed miserably, and eventually have up.

I hoped bio wasn't going to be as boring as it was yesterday. Maybe it was the teacher or that it was the first day that made me not like it. I usually liked the classes themselves. I don't know. I just I hoped it was better.

The bell rang for first period. Stiles and I walked to bio together. We walked in and sat down. I took out my notebook and a pen and waited for the teacher to start teaching. She got up, took attendance, and immediately started giving us notes o the projector.

It was really hard to keep up with the notes because she clicked through the slides so fast. When we were done she handed out our first homework assignment. It had ten questions on the front and we had to write a short answer on the back. Not too bad. I put the worksheet in my folder and put everything back in my book bag.

The bell for second period rang and Stiles and I walked to English. We sat down at a table together. The teacher passed out novels. We had to read a chapter everyday for homework. Easy. I enjoyed reading and I've already read the book we were given. It was okay. It was To Kill a Mockingbird. It's my Mom's favorite book.

We took notes on the book and the teacher gave us a packet to fill out as we read the book to make sure we were reading it. It had three questions for each chapter. I started filling it out and Stiles gave me look.

"What?" I whispered.

"You're already filling it out?" he asked.

"Yeah. I've read the book before. It's really easy." I shrugged and finished the packet.

I was pretty sure all the questions were filled out and correct. I mean, I was still going to read it, just so I could refresh my memory.

Stiles looked at me with his mouth hanging open.

"What?" I said. He looked really funny.

"Can I see?" I looked at my packet.

"I'll help you but I'm not just going to give you answers. You have to read the book." I told him.

"Okay, fine." He grumbled.

I helped him after he read the first couple of chapters. And I just told him the rest of the answers to the ones he didn't know for the chapters he already read.

"Thanks." he grinned.

"Sure." I smiled lightly.

The teacher gave us the rest of class to talk, which was about half of the period. The teacher was really nice. I had a feeling we were going to get along fine.

Stiles and I just talked for the rest of class. We talked about different things like, our favorite sport, sports team, color, and stuff like that. Obviously his favorite sport was lacrosse.

The bell rang and I said goodbye to Stiles, and walked to my third period computer apps class. It was basically like free period but on the computer.

Lydia was in that class so she walked over and sat down at the computer next to mine. We didn't talk much that class, probably because we were both shopping online. She showed me a really cool new site. An I spent about half of my weekly allowance, mostly on new clothes, jewelry, and then some new books, since I was almost done with my old ones.

Happy with my purchases, I clicked out if the websites. There were only about two minutes left of class so I grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down me homework assignments on it. I folded it up and shoved it in my bag.

I pulled out my phone and sent Stiles a text that said to sit with me, even though I was sitting with Lydia, Jackson, and Allison. I also told him to tell Scott. I sent the text and waited. A minute later he text back with an 'okay'. I put my phone back into my purse just as the bell rang.

I walked over to my locker and shoved stuff, I didn't need into it, and waited for Lydia, Jackson, and Allison. They came over and we walked to the cafeteria together.

We got our lunches and sat at a table with what I assumed was most of the lacrosse team. I was soon joined by Scott and Stiles, to my left, who sat down with their lunches. Nobody really cared that they were there, though Jackson did give them a glare.

Allison smiled at Scott and he looked like he was going to explode. Stiles and I looked at him and tried to contain our hysterical fits of giggles.

We ate our lunch and the guys talked mostly about lacrosse and upcoming games. I zoned out of the conversations buzzing around me, lost in my own thoughts.

"Tori?" Stiles asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Your hand?" he pointed at my hand, which was clutching my fork with so much force, that it was making my knuckles white. I didn't realize I had been doing that.

"Oh, uh, yeah..." I said, and set my fork down. I ate the rest of my lunch and when we were done we all got up and threw our trash out.

We left the cafeteria and went to our lockers. Thankfully my locker opened this time, and I got my stuff. Allison and I walked to history together. We sat down together and got our notebooks out.

The teacher gave us an outline of what we would be learning this year. The class breezed by and soon Allison and I were walking to math together.

When we got in we walked to the desks behind Scott and Stiles and sat down. That class breezed by too and then we went to gym, which Stiles, Scott, Allison, Lydia, Jackson, and I are all in together.

We all got changed and today we had to run. I liked running but I wasn't in the mood right now, especially since I wanted to run after school.

We all jogged around the gym, lap after lap. We ran together. It went Jackson, Lydia, Allison, me, Stiles, and Scott. Some of the other guys on the lacrosse team ran with Jackson and us too. Jackson didn't pay attention to Stiles or Scott. Allison and I talked quietly as we ran.

When class was over, everyone went back to the locker rooms and changed. I changed back into my clothes and cleaned up a bit.

I met Stiles for free period and we walked to the library.

"What do you want to do?" he asked.

"I don't know." I said.

He thought for a moment and then his head snapped up.

"I have an idea." he stated. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the boys locker room.

"What are we doing in here?" I asked, wrinkling my nose at the smell. He noticed and laughed.

"You'll get used to it. Wait when are you going to be in here? Never mind." he laughed.

"What are we doing in here?" I whined like a little girl, utterly confused. He chuckled.

"You'll see." was all he said.

He grabbed two lacrosse sticks and a ball. He dragged me out onto the field.

"Seriously Stiles, I'm confused."

He handed me a stick. "Okay. I'm going to throw you the ball, you catch it in your net and then you throw it back. And then we keep throwing it back and forth okay?" he said, sounding like he was explaining it to a four year old, and smiling like an idiot.

I shook my head. "Okay Stiles. But, just so you know I've never played before. You've been warned." I said.

"I know that's hey we're doing this." he said.

"Okay. I'm trusting you." I said.

I took the stick and held it with a death grip. I planted my feet and took a deep breath. I was actually pretty scared.

He scooped up the ball. "Ready?" he asked.

"No, but go ahead." I said.

He stepped back a little so that there was a pretty good distance between us. He threw the ball. It was coming right for me. I screamed and ducked as it flew over my head.

Stiles thought that was funny because he burst out laughing.

"Shut up! It's not funny!" I said, getting mad. I walked up to where the ball was and scooped it up in met net. Stiles was still laughing his ass off, so I took that as my opportunity.

I launched the ball as hard as I could and it hit him in the arm. He dropped his stick and clutched is arm.

"Dammit that hurt, Tori!" he yelled across the distance.

"Serves you right." I smiled, triumphantly.

He grumbled something I couldn't hear and scooped the ball up. He threw it again and I put my stick out. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping it wouldn't hurt that bad when I didn't catch it and it hit me. But the pain never came, instead I felt my stick jostle in my grip. I opened my eyes and looked up. The ball was in my net.

"Good job Tori!" Stiles yelled. I screamed and jumped around like a complete idiot. I was proud of myself.

I play volleyball, not lacrosse. I wasn't site if I was going to play this year though. I might wait until next year though. I still wasn't sure. Only time would tell.

Once I calmed down a bit I threw the ball back to him. He caught it easily and threw it back to me. He had told me that he sucked, and that was why he was on the bench. He didn't seem like he sucked now though. Probably because I sucked. And here I thought I was getting the hang of it.

We continued to throw it back and froth until free period ended. I promised Stiles that I would stay for his practice tomorrow, since I wanted to get home.

I said goodbye to Stiles and walked back to my locker. I grabbed my things and walked to my car. I pulled out my phone and texted Stiles to thank him for dragging me out to play lacrosse with him and sorry for hitting him on the arm with the ball.

I started my car up and pulled out. I drove home with the radio on. I got home quickly and pulled into the driveway, parking behind my dad's car.

I got out and walked up the front steps. I unlocked the door and stepped in. I threw my keys into the bowl and popped into the family room to say hi to my dad and that I was going to go on a run.

I went upstairs and changed out of my clothes and into a pair of running pants. I grabbed a clean tank top and then a zip up sweatshirt. Then I put on a pair f socks and sneakers. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and ran downstairs.

I grabbed my keys out of the bowl, and my purse, then headed out of the house. I got in the car and drove to the reserve. When I got there I got out and locked my car doors. I put my phone and keys in my pocket and strapped my iPod to my arm. I put my earbuds in and picked a song.

It was about three-thirty then so I had about two hours to run, that also gave me a little less than an hour to he ready for Lydia's. I got a text from her that had her address and 'see you at 6:30.'

I smiled. I was glad I had some friends. I moved a lot, so normally I wouldn't make friends so fast - by my own choice. It just made it harder to say goodbye and I didn't want to lose anymore friends. When I was in Pennsylvania I had tons of friends. But that's because it's been the longest place I've stayed. I hoped this was the last place. I was sick of moving and I wanted friends that I could keep. It was hard when you made friends, only to say goodbye.

Normally I pushed people away so I wouldn't get attached. But something about this place was different, I don't know what it is but I was happy that I wasn't pushing people away.

I missed my best friend, Lola, from Pennsylvania. I lived there for six years. The first day Lola and I met, we became best friends, instantly. We still texted everyday. We cried the day I left. She waited at my old house until I left. We promised each other that we would visit. I missed my mom too. We were like best friends. But she was a mom when she needed to be.

I started to get pretty sad, so I pushed those thoughts out of my head. I've been running for about 15 minutes so I ran for another 30. But no matter what I did, those sad thoughts kept pushing their way to the front of my mind. I felt tears springing to my eyes, threatening to escape. I tried to push them back, but failed miserably.

Tears rushed down my face and I ran over to a huge rock and sat down. The move was so stressful, and leaving all of my friends, and not seeing my mom in weeks. It was all so much. I usually didn't cry like this. I just felt so alone. I mean I had my dad, and my mom, when she gets here, and even the friends I made here. But everything I kept bottled up just exploded. I was to busy being a huge cry baby to hear someone come up behind me.

"Tori?" a deep voice sounded behind me.

I wiped my face with my sleeve and took my earbuds out. I wiped my face again before turning around. It was Derek.

"H-hey Derek." I said with a fake smile, and my voice cracking. Damn it.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Derek asked, concerned.

"Oh nothing. I'm fine." I lied. He didn't look convinced one bit. Shit. Was I really that bad if a liar?

"Tori, no you're not. What's wrong?" he asked again. he looked really concerned.

I decided to tell him. I sighed. He came over and sat next to me on the enormous rock.

"You can tell me." he said.

I felt like I could trust him. I felt comfortable with him, like I could tell him anything. I sighed again.

"It's just, the move here, and everything. I haven't seen my mom in weeks, I miss my friends. I don't know why I'm crying its stupid." I started to cry again.

"It's not stupid." he said, and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I leaned my head on his shoulder and scooted closer to him. He didn't seem to mind. I felt like such a baby.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"No, don't be. It's okay." he said.

"Thank you." I whispered.

We sat there for a while, me in his strong arms. He rubbed my back and just held me. It was perfect and exactly what I needed. I finally stopped crying and it was about four-thirty now.

Derek looked down at me. I looked up into his eyes, they were a perfect shade of green. I felt my cheeks got hot and I looked back down. I swore I heard a light chuckle from him. I looked back up and he was still looking at me. It felt kind of awkward then and I was just about to let go of him when my phone rang.

I pulled it out of my pocket. I didn't recognize the number.

"Are you going to answer it?" Derek asked me.

"Yeah." I said and pressed answer.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Tori, it's me, Scott." Scott said from the other line.

"Oh hey Scott. What's up?" I asked him.

"Oh nothing really, could you come over to Stiles's house? We need to talk to you." he said.

"I'm sorry, but I'm taking a run right now." I sneaked a peek of Derek out of the corner of my eye. He was still looking at me. "And I have to go to Lydia's later."

"Well, um, okay." he said. I heard Stiles in the background ask "Is she coming?"

"Can you tell me tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I guess so." Scott said.

"Well okay see you tomorrow." I said.

"Bye." he said, and I hung up.

I added Scott's number to my contacts and set my phone in my lap. I looked up at Derek. He was still holding me. I smiled. He looked down at me and smiled. He grabbed my phone off of my lap and started typing.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Just adding my number in your contacts." he said, handing me phone back to me, smiling.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Do you want to get back to your run?" he asked.

"Um yeah." I said, a little saddened about leaving his arms. I got up.

"I'll run with you, if you want me to." He offered. I perked up at this.

"Okay." I smiled and we started running.

We were running for about twenty minutes and I was getting tired. I looked over at Derek, who was very close to me. He didn't even look tired. At all. Was he even sweating? He got ahead of me a bit. Damn it, I hate being short. I hated being 5'3".

He slowed down a little and let me catch up to him. I kept getting behind. I was getting kind of pissed off, for being so short. He seemed to enjoy my anger.

At one point he was about ten feet ahead of me. He stopped to wait for me.

"Sorry for slowing you down. I'm short. I hate being short." I said angrily. He chuckled.

"It's okay." he laughed.

I checked my phone. It was about 5:10 and I had no idea where we were. I slowed down and then stopped completely. He stopped too.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"No, it's just that I have no idea where we are." I said.

"Oh, did you drive here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I parked at the entrance." I said.

"I know where that is." he said, and started walking. I followed him.

Of course, I kept getting behind because if my stupid short legs. I focused on the ground, making sure not to trip. He laughed.

"Get on." he chuckled.

I looked up. He was crouched down, waiting for me to climb on his back like a piggy-back ride. I mean I was skinny, and short, but I was still a 115 pound girl.

"Are you sure?" I asked him, hesitantly. I could practically hear him rolling his eyes.

He laughed. "Get on." he said again.

"Okay, but if you can't lift me, be prepared to walk the rest of the way back. Slowly." I warned. He just laughed.

I climbed on his back and he shifted me so he could hold my thighs. I wrapped my lags around his waist an my arms around his neck. He lifted me easily.

"Seriously Tori? You're like the lightest person ever." he laughed, and my cheeks burned red.

He started running. It was a light jog, but it was still pretty fast. It was amazing. E started going faster. If that was humanly possible, carrying a 115 pound girl on your back. It took my breath away and I closed my eyes. He didn't seem affected at all by my weight.

Soon we got closer to the entrance and I started recognizing parts of the woods. We got to the entrance, with the chain rope. He started running faster. He jumped over the chain and I screamed. He laughed. The chain was low but still, to jump over it. He was crazy.

He walked a little and I could see my car down the road a little bit. I thought he was going to let me off and walk the rest of the way, but he just held onto me and walked all the way to my car.

When we go there he loosened his grip and I unwrapped my arms and legs and slid off of his back. I landed in my feet and then fell. He turned around and picked me up. My knees were shaking. He laughed as he steadied me.

"Wow, that was amazing." I said, shaking my head. He just laughed again. By then I was used to his laugh, his voice, him.

"Thanks you so much for, uh you know, being there for me. I really needed someone. Thank you so much." I said.

"You're welcome. If you ever need someone, for anything, you can call or text me. I'll be there." he smiled. My cheeks got hot again. But I smiled back.

"Thank you."

He helped me get into my car, and I pulled out my keys and started the car. I rolled down my window.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked him.

"I'm fine." he said.

"C'mon. Get in." I said and unlocked my doors. He rolled his eyes at me, but got in.

"Where to?" I asked, giving him a smirk.

He smirked back and gave me direction to his place. I pulled up in the parking lot. There weren't any other cars here. It looked like an old apartment building. There were woods surrounding it on either side of it and it looked kind of calm.

"Thank you Tori." he said.

"It's no problem. Especially after what you did for me." I smiled. He smiled back.

"Well, I'll see you around?" he asked.

"Yeah. See you later." I said.

"Bye." he smiled.

"Bye." I said as he got out.

He walked to his place and I pulled out. I drove back to my house and walked in. It was about 5:45 when I got home. I still had about forty-five minutes.

I went to my room and stripped off my dirty clothes and put them in the hamper. I went to my bathroom and grabbed some towels. I turned the water on and got in. The water was hot and it relaxed my muscles. I washed my hair and body and got out.

I wrapped my hair in a towel and then wrapped the other towel round my body tightly. The towel I had around my body was shorter so it came to above mid-thigh. I was a little cold from stepping out of the hot shower.

I walked out of my bathroom and over to my desk. I turned on my laptop and played some music. Then I walked over to my closet. I pulled out a black tank top with sequins on it. And pair of dark wash skinny jeans.

I started to unwrap the towel from my hair. And I heard an "Ahem."

I spun around and saw Scott and Stiles sitting on my bed. I walked forward a little. Hugging my towel tighter to my body. I was only standing here in a towel. Stiles covered Scott's eyes with his hand. I laughed but then I remembered.

"Guys! What the hell are you doing here?! If my dad comes up..." I walked over locking my door. I came back and stood in front of them. They were just staring at me, wide-eyed.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip.

Stiles spoke up, "Uh, are you going to out some clothes on?" he coughed and looked at my towel, that I was still clutching. I looked down.

"Okay." I said.

I grabbed my clothes and went to my walk-in closet. I took the towel off and put all of my clothes on. I put deodorant on slipped som black flats on.

I walked back out and hung my towels up. Then I got my brush and sat in my chair. I brushed out my long, blonde hair and the focused my attention back to Stiles and Scott. I finished brushing my hair and then I rolled my chair to where they were. I sat in front of them.

"Okay first of all, sorry for yelling at you guys. But you guys broke into my house when I was in the shower. Second, how do you know where I live?" I asked them. Scott looked at Stiles.

"I looked up your address. Since you said your dad is a police officer, I looked up your last name and found your address on my dad's computer." Stiles said, obviously proud of himself. I glanced at my clock. It was 5:50.

"Okay, weird. Third, how did you get in?" I asked them, raising my eyebrows.

"We climbed up to your balcony and into your window." Scott said.

"So we didn't break in since your window was unlocked." Stiles said.

"It's still breaking in, stupid." I laughed at Stiles.

"I know." Stiles laughed.

"Okay then. Now that you're here, what did you want to tell me?" I asked them. It got quiet and they looked at me, then at each other.

"I think Scott is a werewolf." Stiles said, breaking the silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE READ!!!!

Well that's it for Chapter 6!!!

I hope you liked it!! Umm I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. I've been crazy busy and I just wanted to make it up to you by making the chapter longer.

Sorry again!

I would really, really, really, appreciate feedback. Please!! send me a message or comment.
And please vote!!!!!

Thank you

Xox 😘😘
~Meghan