falling

hazel----

cake for breakfast.
the best.
alex had tried to make me a cake and with failure, he ran to a shop to pick one up. ice cream cake is my favorite and this man knew it. god bless.

after breakfast i was told jack is taking me out for most of the day so i ran upstairs and got dressed in a black & white striped t-shirt dress and my red doc martians.

"my lady" jack said holding his arm out

"kind sir" i curtsied and wrapped my arm around his outstretched one

we went to the park and jack pushed me on the swings and sung me loud songs and very off key.

"i love you halo" jack smiled and my heart skipped like 182 beats

"i love you too" i smiled

"no hazel. i really love you. i love you more than anything and no one seems to get that." he ran his hands through his hair

"jack..." i whispered

"i don't understand it. i know the age is off and i know it's all a bit strange that you're 17 and i'm 22 but it happens. my parents are 7 years apart. all i know is that i love you hazel. i love how you still search for the good in people no matter what they did. i love how strong you are. i love how you smile and laugh at everything. it's okay if you don't feel how i feel and it's okay if you hate me but this has been eating me alive."

"jack i've loved you sense i was young. always listening to the band and falling in love with you from a distance, sad that i'd never meet you. but then i did and i got to know you. i know you always sleep with socks on and you dip your strawberries in peanut butter and that you watch home alone at least once a week. i love you but i can't be what you need." my eyes started to water.

"i don't care if you're not what i need, i still want you anyways." he sighs

"i'm too much to handle and a mess mostly." i whispered

"i've seen it all hazel. do you not remember that i know you better than i know myself. just because you've been gone for awhile doesn't change anything. you're one of the closest people i have. i love you and that's not changing."

"okay." i whispered

"okay what?" jack turned his head

"whatever you were wanting out of this. let's do it. i love you." i shook me head

he started chuckling, "alex isn't very happy but everyone else is. would you care to go for a lunch date." he smiled picking me up off the swing.

"why of course." i smiled.