reality is blurred

jacks pov -

the world is full of opportunities. and mine is a girl yay high with the most unruly hair.

today is the day we get to talk to her and hold her and hear her smart ass remarks for the first time in forever.

i'm stoked.

alex and I woke up at 8 and headed to the store.

alex got her candy and i got her a nightmare before Christmas blanket because it was soft and she's soft. i don't know. my logic is fucked when it comes to this girl.

we finally arrived. i let alex go in while i called everyone else to let her know she was awake.
alex headed out of the room in tears patting me on the back.

"my girl is awake. it's been so long." he cried

"rian, zack, and vic will be here shortly. they're calling om&m and everyone else to let them know she's awake." I inform alex with a nod as i go to the door.

breathe jack. you got this. don't tell her anything weird. just hold her. tell her you love her. give her her gift. not hard.

this is it.

"jacky" she breathed in fast and i could feel my world becoming whole again.

"haze babe." i can feel the tears prick my eyes.

"don't go soft on me now jack, i'll cry again." she sniffs laughing

"i got you this" I smile and throw her the blanket.

"i love you jack." I could hear her voice rise a bit.

"i love you most." I whisper as I embrace her.

we stay like that for awhile. just me holding her and her breathing into my chest. eventually we fall asleep.

the fire in my chest burns, you could probably see the smoke coming out of my head.

I wake up to the sound of a camera shutter

"shit rian turn off your damn volume" I heard alex curse.

"they're actually perfect for each other." vic said a smile evident in his voice.

"it's not legal." alex mutters
thanks alex for hitting us with the annoying reality of everything, can't we all just be happy for 2 minutes?

"she's 16 in 2 weeks" zack agrees

"so? remember that one time alex hooked up with a 30 year old when he was 17?" rian snorted

"fuck off" i say loud enough for them to hear but not loud enough to wake the beauty in my arms.