Page 1

I remember when we first met. It was when I was sent to a diagnostician. We had to stay overnight for tests.  

When we got the results, the doctor suggested I go downstairs, to the lounge and get a bite to eat. I wasn't an idiot. But I went anyway. Because that's the kind of person I am. 

I grabbed Doritios and some water. I sat in front of the TV. No one was watching so I started flipping channels. I had only been searching for a couple minutes when you sat down next to me. 

"Best show ever? " you asked. 

"What?" I said, slowly turning to you. 

"What is the best show ever?" you asked slower. 

I noticed how cute you were. Short brown hair, green eyes (I found out later they were hazel). You weren't buff or anything, but you had a little natural muscle on you. You weren't very sick yet. 

"That's a tough one," I finally replied. 

"How come?" 

"Because I'm weird," I said with a smile. 

"Well tell me about it". 

I still don't know for sure what you meant by that, but at the time, I just assumed you wanted to hear my brilliant opinions on shows no one our age watched. So I started our discussion by comparing "iCarly" to "Victorious".

We talked for a good twenty minutes. You laughed at my lame jokes and I watched you do a magic trick. Then my cell phone rang. It was Mom telling me to come back up. I didn't want to. I liked talking to you. 

As I started to go, you spoke. 

"Wait!"  

I turned around.  

"What's your name?" you asked. 

"Sam," I replied, smiling. 

"I'm Aaron," you said. 

"Nice to meet you". 

"You too". 

Were you smiling as I walked away? I was. Even when I made it upstairs and the doctor told me I'd be admitted for an unknown period of time, I was smiling on the inside.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Author's note: 

First, thank you for reading! 

Second, the chapters will always be this short (it is a short story!) But there will be a lot of them. And I will update quite often.  

Third, sorry it isn't very grammatically correct! I'm usually a grammar Nazi, but I've typed it on my Kindle Fire, which is kind of difficult. If you see a comma I've missed or a word misspelled please forgive me!

I welcome constructive criticism! I'm not a great writer, I just got an idea and this story poured out. So if you think it's worth your time to help me please do!