Chapter Sixteen - Scottish Beauty

Chapter Sixteen

When they finally reached their bedchamber, Andrew suddenly became very nervous.   He had the third tower redone for them.  He just hoped that Emma liked what she saw for he didn't asked her anything because he wanted it all to be a surprise.

He made her close her eyes as they stepped into their new room, Andrew wanted a quick glance around to make sure that it was to his liking before he let Emma see.  The room was to his specifications and he was pleased.

He set Emma down onto her feet now and whispered in her ears, "Ye can open your eyes now."

Slowly Emma opened her eyes and she was in awe.    The chamber was large, much larger than the one that she had been using.  The hearth was also very large and in front was a beautiful thick rug with two armed chairs, a small table set in-between.    Andrew's trunks she noticed were in one corner and the other corner was her trunks.   Beside her trunks was a side table, a stool and a mirror.

A large 4 poster bed dominated the room.  A plush mattress and soft pillows were piled high on top of a dark green coverlet.    Emma walked slowly into the room, over to the bed and ran the tips of fingers onto the fabric.   It was velvet, very soft, the bed was very inviting.

There were two side tables on either side of the bed, both had bouquets of wild flowers that pleasantly scented the room.  There were two large tapestries along the walls, a beautiful one of a country side, the other of knight and his warhorse.    Several swords were placed intricately around the room, a large one dominated the mantel above the hearth.

Candle sconces were aplenty, the room was very well lit.   Emma turned now towards the outer wall and noticed there were two fairly large windows.  Wondering what view there was, she walked over to them and pulled aside the fur that hung over them.   It was dark out but as her eyes adjusted, she knew that Andrew picked this room for a reason, the view was of the countryside, of their magical pond, of the rolling hills.

Andrew was behind her now, he wrapped his strong arms around her tiny waist and pulled her up against his muscular chest.   "Are ye pleased Emma?" he whispered in her hair and then placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.  

"Aye, I'm very pleased," she told him as she turned in his arms and placed a kiss onto his warm lips.  Andrew made sure the kiss didn't last long, there was more he wanted to show her.

"Come my love tis more that I want to show ye," Andrew smiled as he took her and tugged her towards a door that Emma hadn't even noticed yet that was in the room.

When he opened the room, it was as he requested as well.    A large tub made for two was in the center of the room.  A smaller hearth was also in the room to bathe amidst warmth.  A table on the side with fresh cleaning linen's for towelling.  Also a basin and pitcher for a quick wash.

"Andrew, tis a beautiful bathing chamber," Emma said excitedly.   She walked over to the tub now, water steaming as it was filled and ran the tips of her fingers in the water.

"Come Emma, there is one more room that I want to show ye before ye have yourself a bath," Andrew murmured to her.    Grabbing her hand once more he led her towards another door that was on the other side of the chamber.

The room he led her into was large, not as large as their bed chamber, but large enough.  There wasn't anything in the room.  A hearth which had no blaze in it, no chairs, no bed, no nothing.  

Noticing Emma's confusion Andrew decided to tell her his intentions for the room.    "Twill be our nursery Emma," Andrew told her smiling as he saw the smile creep up onto her face.   "I dinna put anything in the room for I wanted ye to do what ye pleased."