Chapter Thirty - Scottish Beauty

Chapter Thirty

"Where is Emma?" Robert asked Andrew as he took his seat at the table to break his fast with the others.

"She is still abed, twas too much for her last eve," Andrew replied popping some bread into his mouth.

"She is still no well yet?" Robert politely asked as he poured himself a goblet of ale.

"Nae, she is well, tis the bairn, she tires easily," Andrew shrugged now.  "Twas too much dancing, she was up late."

"Och...well then perhaps when ye take your wife to your chambers, ye would let her sleep for a change," Grant chimed in grinning as he sat back in his chair and crossed his arms over this chest.

Andrew shot him a stern, Robert chuckled............"Aye...Andrew....I have to agree with Grant........your wife....she is no very quiet," Robert said and then broke out into laughter, Grant joining with him.

"What do ye mean?" Andrew spat out, clearly not enjoying what his brother's were telling him.

"Andrew.........tis glad that I am ye and Emma have your bedchamber in the third tower at Castle McKenna for surely the whole castle can sleep in the eve!" Grant told him, doubling over in laughter.

"Aye Andrew......ye forget our chambers here are just down from yours, we can hear everything," Robert pounded his fist on the table, laughing so hard.

Andrew face went beat red now, his sexy little wife seduced him again last night and now his brothers were embarrassing him.  Jesu.....Andrew rubbed his face, now that he knew that everyone could hear, he would have to refrain himself from touching his wife until they got home. 

"Dinna stop Andrew!" Grant laughed so hard, he could barely breathe as he mimicked Emma's voice.  Robert burst out laughing as well listening to Grant pretending to be Emma.

"Grant!" Andrew gritted his teeth as he spat out his brother's name and banged his palms on the table.   Grant knew that look on Andrew's face and it was a look that told him that he needed to stop.  Sobering up quickly, Grant went back to eating his breakfast.   Robert did the same noticing the challenging look Andrew was giving him now.

When Elise and Evelyn walked over to the table, all the men stood and made room for them.   Robert quickly shoved Grant down so that Elise could take the spot next to him.   Evelyn went to sit beside Andrew and started to help herself to some food.

"Where is Emma?" Evelyn asked Andrew spooning some eggs onto her trencher.

"Aye...where is she this morn?" Elise countered as he took a sip from her goblet.

"Dinna ask!" Grant said as he stuffed food in his mouth and then mischievously grinned at Andrew who gave him back a scowl.  Grant just winked at him now.

Elise and Evelyn looked at each other, then at Andrew who was frowning and then at Robert who shrugged his shoulders at them and just kept on eating.

Robert turned to face Elise now, lowering his voice........"Can we go for a walk after ye finishing eating?" he asked her and caressed the side of her cheek with his knuckles.  Elise blushed and just nodded.

They were alone in the garden, a bench sat beneath an apple tree, Elise led them there so that they could have a bit of privacy.  They didn't have complete privacy for the sentries could see them but this was as private as they were going to get.

Robert picked a flower along the way, he sat close to Elise now, one of his arms around her shoulders as the other twirled the flower stem in his hands.   The petals were a soft yellow in colour, almost matched the gown that Elise was wearing.   Taking the flower he caressed her cheek and then the underside of her chin.  She smiled up at him and his breath caught in his throat.  She was so beautiful.