Chapter Thirty-Two - Scottish Beauty

• Dedicated to To all my fans!

Chapter Thirty -Two

In the short amount of time to prepare for Robert and Elise's wedding, the servants did a remarkable job on the hall.  Soft candlelight illuminated the room, flowers adorned all the tables, the Campbell plaid proudly on display.  A small dais was construction quickly for all to see Robert and Elise pledge themselves to one another.

When Elise walked into the hall on the arms of her Father, Robert's breath caught in his throat.  For to him, she was the most beautiful lass in all of Scotland.   It was hard for him to let go of the McKenna's, but for Elise, he would do anything for her love.

As they recited their vows, there wasn't a dry eye in the hall.  The Campbell's knew this marriage was the marriage to continue the Campbell Clan legacy.   Donald and Eileen proudly stood by and watched their daughter marry, Donald beamed knowing that Elise found a man worthy of her and the Campbell Clan.  

When the priest pronounced them man and wife, the hall erupted in cheers and congratulations.    Donald stepped forward now, a Campbell plaid in his hands.   Since he was the head of the Clan, it was his duty to welcome Robert officially.

"Robert," Donald said gruffly, his voice a bit hoarse from emotion.   He handed Robert over the Campbell plaid, "Ye will do us all proud to have ye wear our colours.    I welcome ye to the Campbell family."

"I thank ye for the gift of your daughter," Robert said as he removed his McKenna plaid and placed the Campbell one on.   Cheers once again erupted in the hall as they viewed Robert wearing their clan's colours.   "Tis an honour to be part of the Campbell Clan, I hope I do ye proud."

"Aye, son....ye will," Donald said proudly as he reached over and shook Robert's hand.

"Donald," Robert called to him teasingly.

"Aye," Donald responded as he moved to stand once again beside Eileen.

"May I kiss my bride now?" Robert asked with a twinkle in his eye.

Donald blushed, realizing that he interrupted the priest.  "Aye....." he chuckled.  "Ye may, she is your wife now." 

Taking his wife into his arms.........."I love ye Elise," Robert whispered to her before he placed a loving, tender kiss onto her lips.   More cheers once again, this time a few bawdy calls started to erupted, so Elise pulled out the kiss blushing, hiding her face in Robert's chest.

Eileen stepped forward now and handed a dirk over to Elise.    It was a dirk with the Campbell crest on it,  a gift from Elise to Robert.   Kneeling down and placing the dirk at his feet, she then picked it up, kiss the handle and handed it to Robert.   "For our first born son," Elise told him softly, her eyes clouded with tears.   

Robert accepted his gift and placed it into the band of his kilt.   He took Elise's hand into his and kissed her palms......"For the first of our many sons and daughters.  May our sons have the strength of their Grandfathers and my brothers, may our daughters be as bonnie as their Mother, their Aunt's and Grandmother."   Elise just blushed again and took the initiative this time and kissed Robert.

Emma and Evelyn were the first to rush over and congratulate them.  The McKenna brother's were next.   Angus proud to have another son married and to have him married into a fine Clan.   Donald and Eileen both welcomed Robert into their family with open arms.

The feasting and dancing went on throughout the night, everyone taking turns dancing with the bride, the groom having just as many requests.    The celebrations didn't start to die down until Robert scooped up his wife and made a mad dash out of the hall.   They didn't go unnoticed for a bunch of clansmen followed them up the stairs cheering them on until Robert had shut their chamber door and bolted it.