Chapter Twenty - Scottish Beauty

Chapter Twenty

All five of them stared at her now.   They were talking amongst themselves and never even noticed her walking towards them.   Andrew eyed her now from top to bottom.  How did he not see the subtle changes in her?   The gown was much too tight, her face was slightly fuller, she was glowing, she was even more beautiful.

"Jesu," Andrew muttered to himself, looking away from Emma.  Ian was right, he needed to have more gowns made for her.   If she walked around with her breasts practically spilling out of her gown, the entire castle will be lusting after her.   There was no way that any man in the castle was going to catch a glimpse of what was his.

"Emma...we were discussing having some new gowns made for ye," Andrew smiled at her and took her hand.    Kissing her knuckles, he stared deeply in her violet eyes, he didn't think it was possible to love her any more then he already did, but knowing that she was carrying his child, made him love her that much more.

Andrew could hear some snickering coming from one of his brothers, most likely Grant, but he just ignored him.  He would deal with him later.

Looking down at herself..."I dinna need any new gowns Andrew," Emma told him.  "Tis still a trunk full of your Mother's gowns that I dinna even try on yet."

"Ah....." Andrew shifted nervously on his feet and looked over at Ian for help.    "Ah.....I would like ye to have some new gowns made Emma, ye dinna need to use my Mother's old ones."    From behind him, Andrew knew for sure it was Grant........he heard him mumble...."coward"..... then he heard Robert snickering.  Again, he just ignored them.  This was difficult enough telling his wife that she was getting bigger.   All women were delicate about their weight.

"I dinna mind Andrew," Emma told him sweetly.  "Your Mama's gowns are so beautiful."

Looking over at Ian pleading with him for his assistance........Ian would help him.........the other two were just in it for the amusement in watching Andrew squirm.   "Ah.....Emma...." Ian started.   "I was thinking of going to the village and see if ........ah.......perhaps Gillian could come up to the castle and help ye make some new gowns for yourself."

"Tthat would be lovely Ian," Emma beamed.   "Ye will tell her to bring Duncan.....aye!"

"I forgot about wee Duncan.  Aye, I will ask her to bring him along," Ian told her back.   "Well......I best be off."  Ian said standing and getting ready to leave.

"Ye will take Grant with ye Ian," Andrew glared at his youngest brother with a smirk on his face.

"Och....nae Andrew............I dinna want to miss anything," Grant grinned back.  He was enjoying watching Andrew squirm, not really knowing how to deal with his wife's delicate condition.

"Grant," Angus called to him as he stood and adjusted his plaid, "Ye will attend with Ian."    He gave him a look that dared him to defy him and see what the consequences would be.

"Aye," Grant grumbled and stood up.  Lowering himself closer to Robert so that only Robert could hear........"Ye will tell me what I missed."    Grinning.....Robert just nodded.

"Emma," Angus called to her, his eyes twinkling whenever he looked at his daughter-in-law...."Ye know the storage room is full of bolts of cloth....ye make yourself some new gowns."

"Thank ye Angus, ye are so very kind," Emma told him and gave him one of her brilliant smiles.

 Emma was yawning now, Andrew realized that he completely missed all the signs that Ian apparently picked up on.   He really needed to start paying more attention to his wife.