Chapter 42

Hermione

I smiled and leaned on Draco.

"This is the weirdest thing if you think about it," I started. "First we hated each other because of how you were raised. Then, I was kidnapped. Finally a relationship formed. Weirdest love story I've ever heard."

"Agreed," Draco laughed. "We should write a book!"

"Yes! And we could read it to Scorp as a bedtime story!" I laughed.

Suddenly the mentioned baby started crying.

"I'll get him," Draco said, pushing me off his lap.

He picked up Scorpius and sat back on the couch. Ginny leaned in close to me.

"He makes a great dad," she whispered.

"Yeah," I replied.

(Eight hours later: midnight)

Crying. Again. Fifth time tonight.

"I'll get him," Draco muttered, crawling from the bed.

I nodded and closed my eyes.

"Hermione, he's hungry," Draco said, laying down with Scorpius in his arms.

I sighed and took him. He seems to eat every hour. Every single hour. On the dot.

After feeling the baby I burped him and slowly walked to the crib. I laid him down and fell into the bed. I cuddled up to Draco, and fell asleep.

~*~*~

I snuggled up in the blankets and felt around for Draco. He kissed my head and left the bed. I relaxed and fell back asleep.

Draco

I heard the baby shifting in the crib so I started to climb out of bed. I kissed Hermione's head before picking Scorpius up and going downstairs.

Scorpius snuggled against me as I made coffee. I grabbed the diaper bag and spread out all our stuff on the table. After digging through the stuff I found the papers and the bags with medicine.

I sat on the couch and started reading Hermione's paper first.

"She needs three more days of bed rest," I read out loud. "No spicy foods... no alcohol. Take one tablespoon potion every morning for five days."

I went to Scorpius's papers and read.

"Take one teaspoon of potion every eight hours. If sickness occurs, see healer immediately."

I looked at the tiny baby in my arms. He was still really small, just a little bigger than my hand. He opened his eyes and stayed in place. His eyes started to droop as I rubbed his back.

I smiled as he quickly fell back asleep. I heard a knock at the door and stood up. I opened the door and Theo walked in.

"Hullo mate!" He cheered, I shushed him. "Sorry," he whispered. "He's cute."

"Yeah," I agreed, looking down at my son.

"Where's Hermione?" Theo asked.

"Sleeping, Scorpius was up at least six times last night. Each time he was hungry," I replied.

"That sucks. Well mum had me bring all my old baby stuff sense you guys don't have much. You can't exactly go shopping," he explained as he drug a large box in the door.

"Oh.. thank you," I replied. "I still need to set up the nursery."

"Put Scorpius in his crib and we can work on it," Theo offered.

"Okay, thanks."

I carried Scorpius to the room and set him in his crib. I looked at Hermione who was snoring. Yawning, I went downstairs.

Theo picked up his box and I grabbed the one Ginny and Harry brought yesterday. I led Theo to the room next to the master and we set down the boxes.

"How are we gonna do this?" Theo asked.

~*~*~

"Done!" Theo said, looking around the nursery.

"Looks great!" I replied.

Just as I finished I heard a familiar cry. "I got him!" Hermione yelled.

I sighed and went in the other room. Hermione was picking Scorpius up out of his crib.

"Hermione, I told you to stay in bed," I sighed.

"I'm fine Draco," she replied.

"Do you still have stitches in your stomach?" I asked smugly.

"Well yes, but-"

"And how many days did the healer say you needed to rest?" I continued.

"Three, but I'm-"

"So doesn't that mean you should rest?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"I can take care of myself Draco!" Hermione snapped, walking out the bedroom door.

I followed her but picked her up before she got to the stairs.

"Put me down!" She shrieked.

"No, I gotta surprise," I told her.

Theo walked from the nursery, scaring Hermione.

"Theo! Don't scare me like that! I could have dropped Scorpius!" She lectured.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, just check out the room. I need to leave," he said, walking downstairs.

"Bye!" I yelled.

"See ya!" He yelled back, before shutting the door.

"Love birds," Hermione scoffed.

"Oh, shush!" I said. "Cover your eyes."

She sighed and held the baby with one hand. I walked in the room and set her down. She opened her eyes when I took Scorpius from her.

She froze and looked around the silver and red nursery. "Draco," she whispered, "it's perfect!"

"Theo helped me so we could get it done before you woke up," I told her. "I wanted to do a thing where we had Gryffindor and Slytherin together but green and gold don't go together and red and green is too Christmas-"

I stopped babbling when Hermione kissed me lightly and smiled. My heart melted. Her smile was genuine, not forced, not fake.

She smiled at my heart struck expression and kissed me again. "Thank you," she whispered.

I nodded, still to happy for words. She took Scorpius from my arms.

"I guess I'll go back to bed now..." She smiled, walking out the door.

I smiled and scooped her up in my arms. She giggled as I kissed her and set her on the bed. I pulled back after a moment because Scorp started crying.

"He's hungry," Hermione sighed.