Chapter 30

Hermione (a few hours later)

I was snuggled up with Draco on the couch, reading a book. Ginny walked in with a parchment in her hand.

"Olivander said he would get right on it," she said, plopping down on the couch.

I closed the book and held it. "I'm going to take a shower," I stated, getting up.

"Can I join you?" Draco asked. I whacked him upside the head with the book. "Is that a yes?"

I rolled my eyes and left upstairs.

Draco

Hermione rolled her eyes and ran upstairs. I sighed.

"Smooth," Ginny said from the other side of the couch.

I rolled my eyes. "Funny, it seems like every time she hits me it's with a book," I said.

"Sounds like Hermione," Ginny replied.

"Yeah."

"Thank you," she said suddenly.

"For what?"

"Helping Hermione, keeping her safe," she said.

"It levels out all the bad I've done, and if I hadn't, I wouldn't have a beautiful girlfriend and a baby on the way," I replied. "She's the best thing that ever happened to me."

Her eyes watered. "You really love her."

"Well yeah, I thought the vertracium proved it.

She shook her head, "it's different when you admit it willingly."

I nodded, "I guess so."

Suddenly someone apparated in front of me. I quickly drew my wand and pointed it at the person, without seeing who it was. I relaxed when it was Potter.

"Sorry, reflex," I said, sitting back down.

"It's understandable," he said, sitting next to Ginny.

Am I having a civil conversation with Potter?

"How's it going?" He asked Ginny, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Draco! I need a towel!" Hermione yelled.

I got up and rushed upstairs. I grabbed a towel and knocked. "Come in."

I walked in and Hermione took the towel. She covered herself with it. I gently kissed her lips and left them for a moment. I slowly pulled back and left the bathroom. I knew she didn't want me to pull back or leave but I needed to keep control.

I waited in the room for her. I waited ten minutes before knocking. "Hermione? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I..I'm fine," she stuttered.

I paled remembering the last time a situation like this happened. I opened the door and saw Hermione, she was dressed but she had her shirt up, looking at the scars covering her skin.

She looked up with watery eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and she hid her face in my chest. "D..Draco?"

"Yes, love?"

"What if it affects the baby?" She asked.

I felt a wet spot on my shirt as she started crying. "Do you think it will?" I asked nervously.

"Yes."

I tensed. "We can have Theo's mum come. She used to be a healer so she can give you a check up." She nodded. "We need to get downstairs, Harry came over," I told her.

She pulled back and wiped her eyes. "Okay."

I grabbed her hand and led her downstairs. I led her into the living room. Harry stood and hugged Hermione.

"I didn't really get to say much to you yesterday," he said, holding her face. I let go of her hand and sat on the couch. "I missed you so much, me and Ginny couldn't sleep and we looked everywhere. We love you, I love you," he said kissing her cheek.

I felt a tinge of jealousy until Hermione started talking. "I know, Harry. I'm like your sister, your like my brother. I love you too," she said, hugging him.

He looked at her face and held it in his hands again. "Are you okay? You look like you've been crying."

"I'm fine, it was just me being an idiot," she said.

"No, it was a completely logical reason and we are going to look into it," I said.

Hermione pulled away from Harry and sat by me. "What was it?" He continued.

"Nothing," Hermione stated.

"She was worried about the baby," I said.

She hid her face in my shoulder.

"Hermione, we have some bad news," Ginny said, leaning on Harry's shoulder.

Hermione lifted her head up.

"We think your parents moved back to Australia, I couldn't contact them," Harry said.

I was shocked at what he said and I looked at the frozen Hermione. I quickly pulled her into my lap. "It's okay, it's okay, Mione," I whispered.

She hid her face and started to shake as a wet spot formed on my shirt. "What? Did I say something?" Harry asked.

Hermione started sobbing. "It's okay, everything will be fine," I continued.

I wrapped  my arms tightly around her. "Flagrate," I muttered.

Fire came from my wand so I wrote in the air. They're dead.

Ginny's hand went strait to her mouth as the words disappeared. Harry looked at me like I was insane. Hermione moved from my arms and quickly left the room. I got up to follow her but Ginny grabbed my hand.

"I can't leave her alone while she's sad, I've made too many mistakes like that," I said, tearing my wrist from her grip.

I rushed after her. I followed the sound of her sob and came to our bedroom. I opened the door and walked up to her. I wrapped my arms around her and made her look at me.

I gently pressed my lips against hers making her stop sobbing. I carefully wiped the tears from her face. She leaned in and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I'm pathetic," she whimpered. "I'm sorry."

"Hermione listen to me," I started. "You are not pathetic, you are the only thing that gives my life purpose. The only light in the darkness of my life. I love you," I said.

Tears welled up in her eyes and she threw her arms around me. "I love you too!"

"Everything is going to be okay."

Ginny

Me and Harry followed Draco up the stairs. Harry put his ear to the closed door Draco just went through, I quickly followed.

"I'm pathetic. I'm sorry," Hermione whimpered.

"Hermione listen to me," Draco said. "You are not pathetic, you are the only thing that gives my life purpose. The only light in the darkness of my life. I love you."

"I love you too," she cried.

I felt a tear run down my cheek as I pulled away. Harry grabbed hand and led me back to the living room. I watched as he scribbled a note and set it on the couch.

"Want to get some butterbeer?" He asked.

I nodded so he grabbed my hand and apparated.