Chapter 35

Draco

We ate at The Three Broomsticks together and had a great time. We hadn't run into any Death Eaters and we had fun. 

The waitress came around and put a firewhisky in front of each of us. We all took a sip when I realized something. I snatched the firewhisky from Hermione and realization flashed in her eyes.

She spit out the firewhisky in her mouth and took a sip of water. "Don't worry.... I didn't swallow any," she said, looking at the terrified look in my eyes. "Thank you," she said, hugging me.

"No more alcohol for you," I smirked.

She sighed. "This is going to be the worst few months of my life," she muttered.

We all laughed. "Do you guys want to wonder around Diagon alley for a bit?" Harry asked.

"You up for it Love?" I asked Hermione.

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do anything. I can walk for a while without passing out!" She exclaimed.

I held out my arm and she grabbed hold. We apparated.

*spongebob narrator voice* one hour later

I was carrying a sleeping Hermione as we walked down Diagon alley.

"Oh the irony," Ginny muttered.

"Kinda funny actually," Harry replied.

"I'm surprised she's not heavy yet, she's still really light," I stated.

A light breeze went past us making Hermione shiver in my arms.

"I think I need to take her home now, I don't want her catching a cold," I said.

"Actually I was wanting to ask you something," Harry stated.

"Can we talk at the house, like I said before, I don't want her to get sick," I replied.

They nodded so I apparated. We came to the bedroom in our house so I set Hermione in bed and pulled the covers over her. I want downstairs and sat across from Harry on the couch.

"Ask away," I said.

"...Why do you always freak out when Hermione's alone?" Harry asked.

I took a deep breath, "many, many, reasons," I replied.

"Name some," he continued.

I sighed, "she almost killed herself once," they gasp, "she... She cut herself," I said quietly, "and her thoughts... well they scare the crap out of me," I shivered.

The only way to describe them, was horrified. "She.. did... what?" Ginny asked.

"You heard me," I replied, not wanting to repeat myself.

Harry started stuttering when soft footsteps trailed downstairs.

"Do not mention it to her!" I whisper yelled to them.

They nodded as Hermione walked in. She had a tired expression on her face as she sat by me.

"Couldn't sleep," she muttered, lying down and putting her head in my lap.

"Why not?" I asked, playing with her hair.

"The bed was empty," she replied closing her eyes. "What are you guys talking about?"

There was a pause. "When we are going on the next double date," Harry replied. "Two weeks from now."

"Okay," Hermione said softly.

I smiled when she fell asleep in my lap.

"Well... thank you... for taking care of her," Harry said, unexpectedly.

"I just wish I could have helped her sooner," I replied. "Before she did anything stupid, I mean."

To my surprise, Ginny got up and hugged me. I patted her back awkwardly as Harry got to his feet.

"We will her out of your hair," he said as Ginny stepped back. He held out his hand and I shook it.

He grabbed Ginny and apparated. I smiled down at Hermione and gently kissed her head. She smiled in her sleep and snuggled into me.

I wasn't the slightest bit tired because of our nap two hours ago so I played with her hair.

After a little while I ran my hand on her stomach, feeling for the baby. I smiled when I found him. He moved very quickly making Hermione's face show discomfort. She groaned so I lightly rubbed her stomach.

~*~*~

I woke to sunshine on my eyes. Me and Hermione were laying on the couch together, her back to my chest and my arms around her.

Hermione shifted as I pressed my hand lightly on her stomach. The baby stayed somewhat still for the first time all night so Hermione relaxed.

I smiled when her eyes fluttered open. She sighed softly.

"Mooorning," she groaned.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Good-ish," she replied.

I snuggled my nose into her hair and rubbed her stomach.

"Love you," she whispered.

"Love you," I whispered back.

She giggled as my hands slid under her shirt. "Your still ticklish?" I asked, slyly.

"N..no," she lied, getting off the couch.

I smirked as I stood up. Hermione bolted up the stairs. I ran after her, laughing. I heard a door slam and quiet giggling.

I smiled and slowly walked down the hall, listening for any sound. A light giggle came from the next door so I ran in.

The room was empty except a wardrobe. I smirked and opened the door. Out fell a bloody, pale Hermione. She hit the ground.

"HERMIONE?!" I yelled, feeling tears in my eyes. She wasn't breathing. "HERMIONE! WAKE UP!"

I felt tears run down my face as I shook her. "Hermione?!"
Everything froze. I didn't think, I didn't feel. A sob escaped my lips when I processed she was dead. I created her bloody body and sobbed. I didn't notice the door open.

Within a split second I was holding my own bloody body. "Redickklus!" Hermione yelled.

My head shot up and I saw Hermione, her face covered in tears. The boggart disappeared and I engulfed Hermione in a hug. We were both sobbing in each others arms.

I pulled back and pressed my lips to hers. I kissed her over and over all across her face. She moved and his her face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back.

Hermione

I was hiding in the hallway with a charm. A giggle escaped my lips and Draco went in the door behind me.

"HERMIONE?! HERMIONE! WAKE UP!" He yelled. I heard sobbing behind the door.

I opened the door to see Draco holding my dead body. A split second later he was holding his own.

"Redickklus!" I shouted. The boggart disappeared.

Draco held me in his arms and sobbed. We sobbed in each others arms until he pulled back and kissed every inch of my face. I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," he whispered back.