Chapter 14

This chapter is dedicated to rosewolf12 thanks for voting!

Draco

Hermione nodded and started picking at a blue one instead. I sighed and summoned bandages. She looked at me curiously as I started to wrap her arm.

She tore her arm from my hand when it touched a wound. "I need to wrap it," I said calmly. I took her hand back and she closed her eyes. She whimpered until I finished wrapping both her arms.

Hermione

Mum walked up to me when Draco finished. She put a soft hand on my face making me relax. She pointed something at me making me yelp.

"It's ok, Hermione," Draco said, "she won't hurt you."

I didn't relax and I stayed still. "It's ok, Hermione," mum said softly. She started muttering something really fast and my head started to hurt. I cried out and hid my head in my arms as I fell back on the bed. I felt tears run down my face as she stopped.

Draco walked up to me and my head went fuzzy. He was saying something but I couldn't hear. He started yelling but the words were muffled. Everything went black.

Draco

Hermione hid her head and cried out. Mum finished the spell so I rushed to Hermione. She had fallen back on the bed.

"HERMIONE! DO NOT FALL ASLEEP!" I ordered.

I guess she didn't hear me because she closed her eyes and passed out. She was still breathing so I relaxed slightly.

"Hermione, wake up!" I yelled shaking her shoulders.

She groaned. Mum walked up to us and started putting spells on Hermione. "She just passed out from pain. She will wake up in a few minutes," mum said, feeling Hermione's forehead.

I completely relaxed and sat on the bed. We sat in silence for a minute and I couldn't help but think about everything. My minds been so busy I didn't even really think about how I've kissed Hermione so many times.

I snapped from my thoughts when Hermione moved her arm over her eyes. "Draco?" She asked softly. Me and mum looked up.

"Yes?"

"Why is my head pounding?" She asked weakly.

"It's a long story," I replied. "Hermione? Do you know who this is?" I asked pointing at mum.

Hermione slowly sat up and opened her eyes, wincing from the light. "Yeah, why wouldn't I know your mum?" She replied.

I pulled her into a hug. "I can't believe that worked," of muttered.

"What worked?" Hermione asked pushing me away.

"Part of the long story," I said.

"Your telling me this long story when my headache goes away," she muttered laying back on the bed.

Hermione

I closed my eyes and relaxed. I completely ignored the fact that someone was touching my forehead.

"I'll let you sleep," Narcissa said. I heard the door shut and the lock click.

"So.. can you remember anything that happened yesterday?" Draco asked.

"Why?" I asked quickly sitting up. I held my head. "What did I do?!"

He chuckled, "relax, you were to terrified to even look out the window."

I sighed with relief. "Thank heavens," I muttered.

"You mostly hid behind me and screamed at everything you saw," he continued.

"How did you say I got like that?" I asked.

Draco looked at me for a moment before telling me everything. I suddenly felt disgusted with myself.

I threatened him... with a knife. I hurt myself on purpose, why? Why am I even here? I really want to go home, I thought.

I looked up at Draco, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I know this is hard," he replied putting an arm around me.

I hid my face in his neck, "Draco?"

"Yes?"

"I think I like you," I whispered.

"Like, like me or like-like me?" He asked childishly.

"I don't really know," I replied.

"I like you too," he said after a minute.

"Like, like me or like-like me?" I copied.

"I don't really know," he copied.

"Friends?" I asked.

"Friends."

"I still have a headache," I said closing my eyes.

Both of his arms held me comfortably. I quickly found myself drifting into a deep sleep.

Draco

I know exactly when she fell asleep. She instantly relaxed. I carefully moved so my back was against the headboard. I played with her hair while she slept.

~*~*~

I opened my eyes and realized Hermione wasn't in my arms. The door was open.

I shot off the bed and rushed out the door. I made it downstairs to see Aunt Bella sitting on the couch. "Your Mudblood's in the kitchen," she said.

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. The first thing I saw was blood running down Hermione's back. I quietly walked over to her and touched her back.

She yelped and spun around brushing the hot frying pan she was cooking with, with her hand. She cried in pain and held her hand to her chest.

I put a finger to my lips and gently took her other wrist in my hand. "Come, Mudblood," I said loud enough for my aunt to hear in the next room. Hurt flickered in her eyes. I led her back upstairs and locked my door with a silencing charm.

"Are you alright?" I asked, leading her to the bed.

She nodded as I drew my wand and took her hand in mine. I healed the burn and went to heal her back. I lifted the back of her shirt and healed the wounds easily.

I looked back at a very red Hermione. I suddenly realized why. "Sorry.... I didn't mean.." I stuttered.

"No... it's fine," she said shyly.

"What happened anyway? How did the wounds heal if she used an unforgivable?" I asked quickly.

"I woke up and needed a glass of water," she started, "when I got downstairs I didn't realize your aunt was in the kitchen. She was annoyed or something but instead of using the cruciatus curse she simply used a small knife. Then told me to make breakfast."

"You know I didn't mean what I said down there right?" I asked getting worried.

"Yeah, I know," she said with a small smile. "And Draco, remind me never to leave the room alone again," she said with a smile.