Chapter 17

Hermione

The letter appeared in my hands after the longest five minutes of my life. I quickly read the letter as Draco knelt down beside me. I felt tears run down my cheeks as I finished.

"They heard me.... when I called for Harry.... thank you, for letting me send the letter," I said as he wiped the unstopping tears from my cheeks.

He nodded with pain filled eyes. I hugged him before grabbing some clothes and disappearing behind the bathroom door.

After a while I finally stepped out of the bathroom with a night dress on. I looked at Draco, he was shirtless, asleep on the bed and the light was still on.

I took his wand off the nightstand and dried my hair. I carefully crawled next to him.

I was completely shocked when he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. He slowly moved to my lips causing me to kiss him back.

When he pulled back we were both out of breath. He laid back down and kept his arms around me.

Draco

I realized I should stop before this went any further and pulled back from the kiss. I kept my arms around her body.

She's so fragile, so breakable, yet she allows me to hold her, in my arms. This beautiful, fragile being, trusts me, a death eater, with her life.

I snapped out of my thoughts when she ran her fingers over my stomach, tracing my abs. It took everything I had not to do anything stupid. I shivered when she ran her lips after her fingers.

"Cold?" She asked with a smirk.

"N..no," I stuttered with my eyes closed.

She stopped and draped an arm over my stomach. I felt how relaxed she was. I knew exactly when she fell asleep and I quickly followed.

~*~*~

I woke with Hermione still asleep for once. I softly kissed her causing her to roll off the bed. She groaned as I leaned over the side of the bed to see her.

I chuckled when she snuggled into the sheets and fell back asleep. I got off the bed, picked her up and set her back down on the bed. She snuggled into the bed as I tucked her in.

I tried to think of a way I could leave without her escaping. I can't tie her ankle, she will get out of it. I can't just lock the door, she would pick it. I definitely can't trust her after the stunt she pulled yesterday.

I finally came to a decision and put the body bind curse on her. She is going to be mad when I get back, I thought. I need her to rest anyway. She still had wounds on her stomach and she was paler than me. I locked the door on my way out.

Hermione

I woke to a door closing and not able to move. I attempted to yell but I couldn't open my mouth. I whimpered, not having any idea what was going on. I started to panic and resorted to tears.

I have no idea how long I was crying but it caused me to pass out.

Draco

I was eating lunch when I looked at the clock. I panicked when I realized I left Hermione there for five hours. I finished my food and rushed upstairs.

I opened the door and walked to Hermione. She was asleep but tear stains ran down her face. I locked the door and took the charm off her.

I pulled her into my lap and held her like a child. She scratched her face and opened her eyes. "Draco? Oh my gosh, I woke up and panicked because I couldn't move! I...I tried yelling but couldn't make a sound!" She said quickly.

"I know, I'm so sorry, Mione," I whispered.

"It was you?!" She asked sitting up. "I was terrified and you were who knows where!"

She pushed out of my lap and fell on the floor. She stood up and took my wand from the bed. "Confundus."

"Don't follow me," she said walking out the door.

Hermione

I left a confused Draco sitting on the bed and his wand in the doorway. I ran to one of the guest rooms, shut the door and relaxed.

Why would he bind me like that? Why did he leave me there for hours? Where was he? I asked myself.

I knew the spell would wear off in a few minutes and Draco would come looking for me. I would probably be in trouble for running off and cursing Draco.

Just as I finished that thought I heard frantic footsteps down the hall. I slid down the door and sat on the floor. Draco ran down the hall, slamming all the doors open. He made it to my door and I fell back on his feet.

He looked extremely relieved as he bound my wrists together and threw me over his shoulder. I didn't show any knowledge of him carrying me back to the room. I didn't struggle, I didn't move, I didn't talk.

He finally set me on the bed and locked the door. He held his wand firmly in his hand. I refused to look at him as he sat next to me.

He sighed. "Can you at least look at me?" He asked, stroking my cheek. When I refused to look at him he held my face in his hands, forcing me to look him in the eye. "I didn't mean to leave you for so long," he started, "I only ment to for a bit. You need to relax, let your wounds heal and your body rest."

I glared at him. "You could have just said that without binding me!" I shrieked. "I would have rested if you just told me too!"

"Hermione just calm-"

"I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!" I yelled getting to my feet. "I WAS PERFECTLY CALM BEFORE YOU CURSED ME TO SIT THERE FOR FIVE BLOODY HOURS!"

"I didn't mean to leave you for that long! I didn't know you woke up!" He argued.

I glared at him and struggled to get the ropes off my wrists. I held them out to Draco who looked at me for a moment. He bound my ankles and caught me before I hit the ground. He cast a silencing charm on me and set me in the chair.

"You will sit here until you calm down," he said before the ropes from my ankles wound around the chair. I watched as he closed the bedroom door behind him.