Chapter 12

Draco

I went downstairs to find mum. She's always awake early. Just as I suspected she was on the couch.

"Mum?"

"I didn't know you were back yet," she replied. "What's wrong?" She asked looking at my face.

"Can you talk to her when she wakes up? She won't talk," I asked.

"Why won't she talk?" Mum asked sitting up.

I sighed and sat down. "I caught her cutting herself," I said.

"She what?!" Mum shrieked.

"She put a blade in her arm, mum," I replied.

"How long ago did she fall asleep?"

"About five minutes," I said yawning.

"Draco, honey, go get some sleep and come get me when she wakes up," mum said pulling me up from the couch.

I nodded and walked upstairs.

~*~*~

I felt around the bed but no one was there. I opened my eyes and sat up. Hermione was standing beside the bed trying to untie the rope.

"Hermione?"

She didn't look up and she continued to struggle with the rope.

"It won't work, I put a spell on it," I said rubbing my eyes.

She still ignored me and pulled a blade from her sock. I jumped up and took the blade from her.

"How do you even have this?!" I yelled. She flinched and sat on the bed. "I'm sorry for yelling but, how?!"

She rolled her eyes and took another one from her hair. She quickly cut the rope and ran for the door. I jumped off the bed as she struggled with it.

As I got close she spun around and held the knife to my throat. "Open the door," she said in a shaky voice.

"Hermione, calm down," I said softly.

"OPEN THE DOOR!" She screamed.

"Hermione, I didn't cast a silencing charm. Calm down," I repeated.

"I DON'T BLOODY CARE! OPEN THE DOOR!"

"Hermione, please look at what your doing," I said.

She froze for a moment before she grew extremely pale. "I...I..I.."

The door opened and Aunt Bella walked in. She looked at Hermione who was still holding a knife.

"CRUCIO!" She yelled. Hermione dropped to the ground screaming. "Draco, honey are you alright?" She asked. I somehow managed to keep a strait face as I nodded. "I'll teach you to threaten my family!" She shouted. She continued the torture.

After a while she stopped. "Filthy Mudblood," she spat. She kicked the side of Hermione's head. Hermione cried out as Bella went towards the door. "Oh and Draco, your parents and I are going out and we will be back tomorrow." With that, she left.

I locked the door and cast a silencing charm. I dropped to my knees by Hermione. She closed her eyes and her breathing got shallow.

"Hermione you need to stay awake!" I panicked. I drew my wand and started muttering spells. Hermione opened her eyes as tears streamed down her face. I healed her ribs but she made no sound. Her eyes closed. "HERMIONE! YOU NEED TO BLOODY STAY AWAKE!" I yelled. I felt tears stream down my face when she cracked her eyes. I continued to heal her and she kept her eyes on me.

When I finished I summoned the sewing kit. I cleaned most of the blood before I started putting stitches in the large wounds. She didn't cry or yell which worried me more than if she did. She didn't make a sound.

After about an hour I finally finished. Hermione's skin was covered in colorful stitches and she was covered in blood. I carefully picked her up and carried her to the bathroom.

I turned on the faucet and set Hermione down. "Hermione, I'm going to give you a bath," I said. She remained quiet so I started to undress her. I moved her to the tub and as soon as she touched the water she cried. I was relieved more than worried.

I carefully washed her and got her out of the tub. I got her dressed and she fell right to sleep. I covered her in a blanket and went to take a shower.

~*~*~ (Two hours later)

I walked out of the bathroom to see Hermione had her eyes open.

"Hermione?" I asked walking to her. She flinched and sat up. She looked terrified. "Hermione, are you alright?" She whimpered and scooted away from me. "What's wrong?" I asked coming closer.

She fell of the bed so I went to help her. She started crying as I came closer. I froze. She quieted down some but tears were still streaming down her cheeks. I stepped closer and picked her up. She screamed and jumped from my arms.

"Hermione?" I asked slowly walking towards her. It was like she was panicking. I sat on the floor and waited for her. I felt a lot like meeting a new pet.

Hermione copied me and sat down. "Come here," I said softly. She hesitated for a moment before she scooted slightly closer. "More," I said patting the floor beside me.

She moved beside me and flinched when I took her face in my hands. There was a large bruise forming on the side of her face. I lightly brushed it causing Hermione to jump back.

When Bella kicked her head it must have messed with her mind. I thought.

"Come here. It's ok," I said softly.

She whimpered and moved away.

Just be patient, I told myself.

"Hermione, I'm Draco. Can you come?" I asked as simply as I could.

"D..D...Dra," she stuttered.

"Good, Draco," I said. "Can you come?"

She scooted closer but still kept a small distance between us. I carefully moved closer to her and held her hand. She looked at me for a moment then moved one hand to my face.

I stayed still as she touched my face. She played with my hair for a moment so I closed my eyes. She lightly gripped my hair and I felt her lips on mine. She pulled back quickly so I opened my eyes.

She looked shocked. "Dr...Draco," she stuttered.

I smiled. She fainted.