Chapter 8

Hermione

I cried again when I tried to move away. I felt my arm dislocate causing me to scream. He pushed me harder on the wall when my knees buckled. My stomach started to bleed.

"Stop.... PLEASE!" I yelled between breaths.

"WHAT ARE YOU BLOODY DOING?" Draco yelled pushing Blaise off me. I fell to the floor, trying not to move too much. I looked up at Draco who had just punched Blaise, causing him to fall to the ground.

"She was trying to escape!" Blaise said getting to his feet.

"That doesn't mean that you need to break her arm!" Draco yelled.

"I was just-"

"Leave," Draco said in a low voice. "Now."

"But-"

"NOW!" Draco yelled so loud I jumped. Blaise quickly apparated.

Draco walked to me and helped me up. I held my left shoulder as Draco helped me sit on the bed. "Your stomachs bleeding again," he said. He drew his wand and tried to stop the bleeding.

I sighed. "Let me see it," I held out my hand gesturing his wand.

He looked at me for a second before my ankle was stuck to the bed again. To my surprise he handed me his wand.

I pointed it at my stomach and started to mutter the spell as fast as I could. I screamed in pain and held my stomach.

"Hermione?!" Draco asked sounding terrified. "What did you do?!"

I moved my hands away from my stomach to let him see. The wounds stopped bleeding and grew scabs. I was breathing deeply as I handed him his wand. He looked shocked.

"How did you do that?" He asked.

"The same way your going to heal my shoulder," I said simply. I told him the spell. He muttered it quickly and I cried in pain. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as my stomach did but it still hurt.

"Did I do it right?" He asked. I nodded and moved my shoulder. He took the rope off my ankle and helped me stand. "Why didn't you show me that before?"

"Because if you do it constantly you get nasty side effects. You get like really sick, extra skin, infection, or the wound will get worse. That and the fact it's extremely painful," I replied.

He nodded. "That's amazing. I didn't know anything could heal wounds from unforgivables."

"It doesn't completely heal them. The pains still extremely bad and they're just scabs," I replied.

He looked at me for a second. Our eyes locked. We stared at each other until a knock was at the door. Draco handed me a shirt so I quickly put it on. I sat on the floor as Draco answered the door.

Narcissa walked in so I relaxed. She locked the door and cast a silencing charm. "First off, HOW COULD YOU BLOODY FORGET THE SILENCING CHARM?!" She yelled at Draco. "Second," she said in a softer voice, "Hermione, honey, are you ok? I heard you screaming," she walked to me and held my face in her hands.

"I'm fine, honest. It was a healing spell we used," I replied.

"It healed her stomach," Draco added.

"Really?"

"Yeah," I replied quietly.

Draco explained to her about the spell.

"Can I see?" She asked. I nodded and showed her my stomach. "Why do you have stitches?"

"Long story," I said.

"I have a lot of time," she replied.

Draco explained to her what happened over the past few days.

"Hermione, don't you realize? Every time you get hurt it's because you try to run away," Narcissa said.

"Then let me go!" I shouted.

"Hermione, death eaters will find you and will kill you if we let you go," Draco replied.

"THEN LET ME BLOODY DIE!" I screamed. I jumped up and snatched Narcissa's wand and pointed it at myself. "Avada ked-"

"Expellamarus!" Draco shouted. He caught his mother's wand and handed it to her. "WHAT ARE YOU BLOODY DOING?!" He yelled.

It took me a moment to process what I had just tried to do. I felt tears run down my face and fell on my butt. I hid my face in my hands.

Draco

Hermione snatched mum's wand and pointed it at her chest. "Avada ked-"

"Expellamarus!" I yelled. I handed mum back her wand. "WHAT ARE YOU BLOODY DOING?!"

She looked shocked for a moment before she fell. She hid her face in her hands and started sobbing. I sat down by her and wrapped an arm around her. She started crying into my chest and held me tight.

I looked up at mum who was crying. "I'm.... sorry....." Hermione said between sobs. I rubbed her back as she gripped my shirt.

"It's ok, Mione," I whispered. I felt like I was reassuring myself more than her.

After about an hour mum was on the bed. Hermione stopped crying and it wasn't long before her breathing was deep and even.

"She's asleep," mum whispered. I nodded and carefully slid my arm under her legs. I put the other behind her back and carefully lifted her off the floor. I set her on the bed and sat next to her. She still has a death grip on my shirt.

"Can't you talk to dad? Ask him if we can let her go?" I asked quietly.

"Don't you think I've tried that?" She snapped.

"Sorry, it's just, she's not herself right now. She almost died an hour ago. I'm not leaving her alone anymore," I said.

Mum nodded and Hermione shifted. Her head was on my chest and she had an arm across my stomach. I smiled down at her and heard a click. I looked up and saw my mum with a camera.

"I think she likes you," mum whispered before running from the room and locking the door.

"I like you too, Mione."

~*~*~

I felt Hermione move away from me so my eyes snapped open. She grabbed my wand off the nightstand causing me to silently sit up. She summoned some of my mum's old clothes and set the wand down. She saw I was awake and smiled shyly. I watched her as she went to the bathroom and closed the door.

I heard her cry in pain after the faucet squeaked off. I could tell she was okay because she reacted the same last time.

I relaxed and fell back asleep.