Chapter 27

Draco

I nodded. She jumped up and did a little dance. "I'm going to be a grandmother!"

Hermione's worried face broke into a smile and I felt mine follow. I was relieved to know she wasn't giving me the "how could you be so irresponsible" talk.

She kissed both Hermione's cheeks. "How far are you dear?" She asked, excitedly.

"About four weeks," Hermione replied.

Mum squealed, "eight and a half months!" Her face dropped. "What am I going to tell your father?"

"Mum, just tell him I thought I was old enough to move out so I am. Don't tell him about the baby," I replied.

"Okay, but he will find out eventually," she stated.

"He will find out about the baby when he's born, and he won't come near him until he accepts our relationship," I replied.

"Why are you only referring to the baby as a boy? What if it's a girl?" Hermione asked.

"Boys are always born first in the Malfoy family, it's genetically impossible for it to be a girl," I replied.

She put a hand on her stomach and smiled. "I'm gonna be a mum," she said, as a huge smile broke across her face. "I'm gonna be a mum!"

I sat by her and put an arm over her shoulders. "Even better, your gonna be a mum to my child," I smirked.

She pushed my shoulder playfully. Her smile dropped when she jumped from my arms and rushed to the bathroom. I sighed and followed her.

I held her hair back and wiped her face when she finished. "Thank you," she muttered, leaning on me.

I took her back to the bed. "I need to talk to your father about when your moving," mum said. "I'll be back in a bit."

I nodded and she walked out the door. I locked the door and looked at my pale Hermione. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into my lap. I put my hand on her stomach.

"Are you worried?" She asked in a whisper.

"Why?" I asked in a normal voice.

"What if we're bad parents? What if I'm a bad mum? What if something happens to the baby? What if your dad hurts-" I cut her off.

"I won't let that happen, and your going to be an amazing mother, Hermione. I know it," I said softly.

She rested her head on my chest and kissed my neck. "I love you," she said.

"I love you too. Everything is going to be okay, I promise."

She sat up and kissed me lightly. She pushed me back on the bed, refusing to break the kiss. Within seconds my shirt was on the floor.

I pulled back slightly. "Stop Mione," I muttered.

She stopped. "Why?" She asked.

"We can't, not while your hurt and not while your pregnant," I replied, sitting up and putting my shirt back on.

"But I-" she started, sitting up.

"No, Hermione. You were just hurt, I'm not doing anything that might hurt you more. You still have bandages covering your body," I cut her off.

She sighed and backed up some. I was shocked when she smiled. "That's why I love you."

I pulled her into a gentle hug. She wrapped her arms around me and scooted on my lap.

I felt her jump when a knock was at the door. She moved off my lap so I stood up and opened the door. Mum fell into my arms.

"Mum?!" I asked, terrified.

I set her bloody figure next to Hermione on the bed.

"Leave.... run.... now," she whimpered weakly.

Hermione took my wand from my pocket and muttered her healing spell. Mum passed out.

Hermione dropped my wand when someone ran in the room.

Hermione

Lucius Malfoy ran in the room making me drop Draco's wand. He walked up behind Draco and pulled him to the floor by his hair.

"Crucio!" He yelled.

Draco screamed so I closed my eyes and covered my ears. Lucius repeated the torture so many times before causing a single gash to appear on my face. He left the room.

I picked Draco's wand up off the floor and locked the door. I cast my spell on the already unconscious Draco making the blood stop. He was barely breathing, making me panic.

What do I do? They're both hurt.... we need to leave anyways. Harry... he can hide us and help them...

I quickly grabbed Draco and his mum's hands and apparated.

We fell on the floor in Harry's living room. "Harry! Ginny! Someone help!" I yelled.

Within seconds Harry ran downstairs. "Hermione?! Hermione!" He yelled. He engulfed me in a hug but quickly pulled back. He pushed the hair out of my face and gasped. "Hermione! What happened?!" He asked, healing the gash.

"No time!" I said pushing him away. "Help them Please!" I said gesturing Draco and his mum.

"Why did you-"

"No time Harry! Help them!" I yelled.

He sighed and started to mutter healing spells. When he finished, Draco groaned. I scrambled over to him and held his head in my lap.

"Hermione!" I heard Ginny's voice from the front door.

She ran in and hugged me. "I missed you guys so much!" I said as tears rolled down my face.

She pulled back and looked at the head in my lap. "MALFOY?!" She yelled, backing up.

"Yeah Hermione, I think it's time you explained," Harry said, wiping the continuous tears from his face.

"Do you remember the letter I wrote you?" They nodded. "Draco and Narcissa were keeping me safe... they got hurt in the process."

"Malfoy helped you?" Harry asked, disbelief clear in his tone.

I felt more tears run down my face as I nodded. A tear fell on Draco's face making him open his eyes. He saw my face and slowly sat up. Harry and Ginny silently stepped back but held their wands in their hands.

Draco winced as he reached out a hand and touched my face. "Mione?" His voice was scratchy. "Are you okay? Why do you have blood on your face?" He asked, wiping the blood and tears off my face.

I smiled sadly as more tears ran down my face. "I'm fine, Draco, I'm just so glad your okay!"

"But why do you have blood on your face?!" He continued.

"It was just a scratch," I said.

He pulled my face closer and pressed his lips to mine.

A loud gasp made me jump away... I forgot about Harry and Ginny.