Chapter 18

Draco

I felt terrible leaving her there like that but one of us would get hurt if she didn't calm down. I walked down the stairs to see mum and Mrs. Zabini talking on the couch.

"Draco honey, I sent Blaise up to your room. You two need to talk," mum said.

Hermione

I ran to my room to see Blaise point his wand at Hermione. "Crucio!"

Hermione's mouth moved like she was screaming but the silencing charm kept the noise out. "Perfictus totalus!" I yelled.

Blaise fell to the ground and Hermione stopped screaming. I apparated Blaise downstairs in front of his mum. "Keep this out of my face," I said dropping him on the ground before apparating upstairs.

Hermione was covered in deep gashes all along her body. The ropes holding her in place vanished with a flick of a wand. I carefully picked her up and set her on the floor because of how bad she was bleeding.

I tried to stop the bleeding but the blood didn't even fade. Panicked I summoned a book and flipped through the pages.

When dealing with the cruciatus, fire may clot wounds and stop the bleeding.

I lit the tip of my wand on fire and traced the larger wounds. I had to hold her still as she silently cried in pain. The wounds began to clot and the blood dried.

I have never seen a cruciatus curse that strong in my life....

I cleaned the blood off the floor and took the silencing charm off Hermione. She was whimpering softly. I summoned a wet rag and some bandages.

She didn't move as I ran the cloth around the wounds. I wrapped her arms in and legs in bandages and cradled her in my lap.

"You get hurt way too much," I muttered to her.

"Draco," she whispered.

"Yes Mione?" I replied.

She mumbled something I couldn't understand. I kissed her forehead and smiled as she kissed my shoulder.

"Your really strong," I told her, "to withstand that curse, you would need to be strong."

"I love you," she whispered making it barely audible.

"I love you too, Mione," I whispered back. "Don't run away anymore, ok? You will get hurt more."

"Ok," she whispered.

"Did you just agree?" I asked.

"Maybe," she whispered.

~*~*~

I woke once more with Hermione in my arms. Every time she passed out I wasn't far behind. It was still around two when she woke up.

Hermione

I woke up on Draco's lap. Surprisingly he woke at the same time.

I slowly moved from his lap and noticed I had bandages on my arms and legs. The stitches in my stomach started to itch so I lifted my shirt slightly. The wounds had healed mostly so the stitches were over scars.

"Draco?" I asked.

"Yes, Mione?"

"Can I use a small knife?" I asked.

He rubbed his face and looked at me shocked. "Why would I give you a knife?" He asked in reply.

"I gotta get these stitches out," I replied.

He got off the bed and rummaged through a drawer. He pulled out a small pocket knife. "Do you need me to do it or do you have it?" He asked.

"I think I can get it," I replied as he slowly handed me the knife.

"But I'm not leaving you alone when you have that," Draco added.

I nodded and took off my shirt. I'm still wearing a bra and he's already seen it so I didn't care. I leaned back on the headboard as Draco sat next to me.

I opened the knife and carefully cut some thread. It made me wince as I pulled the thread from my skin. I definitely can't do this.

I sighed and handed Draco the knife. "You need to do it."

He nodded so I laid down. His hands were soft on my stomach as he carefully cut the stitches. I winced every time I felt him pull out more thread.

After about two hours Draco got all the stitches out of my stomach, arms, and legs. I still had some wounds that looked new. I sat up.

"Where did I get these?" I asked.

"This morning," Draco replied.

Then it clicked. "Oh, from Blaise..." I remembered. I spotted blisters around the sores. "Why is there blisters?"

"I used fire to stop the bleeding," Draco replied. "It worked faster than anything else I've tried."

I nodded. "I need a shower. I still have some blood on me," I said standing up.

As soon as I made it to my feet I had the feeling of walking through water. Fatigue made it hard to move my legs.

Draco caught on and helped me back to the bed. "You should rest, you can shower when you wake up."

I laid down and felt darkness quickly consume me.

Draco

Hermione was walking very slow and seemed shaky. I helped her back to the bed and told her to sleep. She almost instantly passed out.

I thought for a moment, should I tie her ankle, or just trust her?

I decided I will just trust her for once so I left the room. I still locked the door because I don't want Aunt Bella to hurt Hermione.

I walked downstairs and nearly ran into mum. "Oh, Draco. We are having dinner as a family tonight, and your Aunt wants Hermione there too."

"That sounds like it will end up bad," I replied.

"She should be fine if she has manners and you need to give her one of my old dresses," mum said.

"I'll try to find a green one, Aunt Bella likes green. What time is dinner?"

"Seven thirty, don't be late," mum said, walking away.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a green apple. I started eating it as I sat on the couch.

I would wake Hermione in four hours to get ready.