Chapter 28

Carly POV 

After a long walk, I finally made it to Sean's house.

I ran upstairs and laid down on the bed in the guest room. I didn't let the tears fall until my face was buried in the pillow.

I almost couldn't believe what that girl had told me about Sean. Part of me doubted what she said was true, but the insecure side of me knew that she was right.

Sean could have any girl he wants, so why would he stay with me?

I don't even know how long I was laying there before Sean came in and sat by me.

"Sasha told me what happened." He said quietly.

"Who was that girl?" I asked him.

"Natalie."

"She told me that you were some kind of manwhøre."

"Do you believe her?" He asked me.

"I'm not really sure what to believe. You did seem to have your own fan club of girls at school today but you've never seemed like you were that type of guy before." I told him.

"That's because I'm not."

"How many girls have you slept with?" I asked him.

He seemed a bit taken aback by my question.

"You really want to know that?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"Just please don't lie to me." I pleaded.

"I haven't slept with anyone before."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"I wouldn't lie to you about that, Carly."

"I just don't understand that."

"What do you mean?"

"You're such a good looking guy, you could have any girl you want. I saw the way the girls at school fawned over you and you could've been with any of them if you wanted."

"Just because I can do something doesn't mean I have to. If I was with them it wouldn't have meant anything to be worth it. I've been waiting for the right person." He reached out and held my hand in his.

I blushed and tried to keep myself from getting too flustered.

"Then why does Natalie think she has some kind of claim on you if you've never been with her like that?"

Truthfully, I didn't want to talk about her anymore. But her voice wouldn't stop nagging me in the back of my mind until Sean reassured me of the truth.

"We use to be close friends when we were really young. Once we were older and she grew feelings for me I put some distance between us." He explained.

"You didn't want to be with her like that?"

"No. It wouldn't have been right."

"Ok."

I looked down at our entwined hands before he spoke again.

"Was that the only thing she said that bothered you?" He asked me.

"No."

"What else did she say to you?"

"She said you would leave me after we have sex." I told him.

"I'm not with you just to get in your pants, Carly. How could you think that?" He seemed genuinely hurt that I believed he would do such a thing.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have believed her but my insecurities just took over."

"You have no reason to be insecure. You're beautiful and smart. You're the most amazing girl I've ever met and I love you, Carly." He said.

This is the second time he's told me he loves me and the second time I've been unable to say it back.

"Sean, I..." I didn't know what to say.

"It's ok. You don't have to say anything back until you're ready." He assured me.

"Ok."

"Can I kiss you now?" He asked me.

"Yes."

So he leaned down and gave me a long passionate kiss.

His hands held my waist as he slowly trailed kisses down my jaw to my neck.

"Sean."

"I love hearing you say my name." He said as he lowered his kisses down to my collarbone.

"Sean, this is all happening so fast. I don't want to go too far." I told him.

"That's fine. I'll wait until you're ready." He told me.

"Thank you."

"I just really need to kiss you right now."

So he did.

"I thought I almost lost you." He said taking a short break from our kiss.

"Why?"

"I was so scared that you would believe her over me. And that you would leave me thinking I'm someone I'm not." He admitted.

He pressed his lips to mine once again.

"Will you sleep with me in my room tonight?" He asked me.

"I don't know." I said unsure.

"Please. I miss you lying down next to me. I hardly even slept last night without you." He pleaded with me.

"I'm not really sure if I should."

"I promise we won't do anything you don't want to, just please don't make me sleep alone again." He begged.

"Alright fine. I'll stay with you tonight."