Chapter 6

Carly POV

Unfortunately, today was Monday. That means I have to wake up early and attend school.

Honestly though, I can't decide which is worse, staying here at the house with my brother or going to school to get bullied by Hailey and her friends.

It was still like any other day so I got dressed reluctantly and grabbed a pop tart before stepping out of the house and beginning to walk to school.

I couldn't help but think of Sean as I walked.

It's stupid to daydream about us together because he would never want me and I'll never even see him again.

I'm hopelessly dreaming and I need to realize that none of my silly fantasies about the handsome stranger are not real.

It's sad but it's true.

My life sucks and nothing could possibly change it to make it better.

I finally made it to school and headed straight for my locker.

I could only hope today isn't a bad day.

Well, all of my days are bad but some are worse than others, so I hope this'll be one of my better days.

Maybe, nobody's bothered me yet.

I walked into my first class to, once again, see Hailey and Jackson making out on a desk.

I just ignored them and walked passed them to my seat at the back of the classroom.

I just sat there doodling like always while I waited for the teacher to come in.

Finally, the teacher walked in and began teaching our lesson.

After about ten minutes of her talking about the Civil War and no one paying attention, Sean comes in through the door.

"So you must be the new student, Sean Matthews." The teacher said with a smile.

"That's me. And sorry I'm late, I had a little trouble finding my way here." He said with a sly grin.

Although, I had a feeling he didn't get lost at all. There was another reason he was late but I'm not quite sure what it could be.

Maybe he had been with another girl. I hated the surge of jealousy that went through me at the thought of him with another girl. I had absolutely no reason to be jealous. Sean probably didn't even like me and we could surely never become anything to each other.

"Please take a seat Mr. Matthews." The teacher told.

Oh crap.

We only had 3 empty seats in this classroom and one of them just so happens to be right next to me.

Part of me wanted him to sit far away from me so I wouldn't be able to humiliate myself in front of him again.

Another part wanted him to choose the seat next to me. I could hope that he'd talk to me and maybe we could start on the road to becoming at least acquaintances.

I couldn't decide what I really wanted. It was hard to let myself be hopeful when I knew that my hopes would only get crushed in the end.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of someone pulling out a chair and sitting down right next to me.

I was surprised when I turned my head to look into Sean's beautiful gray eyes.

"Hey, you." He said.

"I thought I'd never see you again." I told him still in shock. Of all the things I could've said, that was probably one of the stupidest. I should really stick to not socializing with everyone.

He didn't seem to mind my rude reply though. He actually thought it was kind of funny. He even let out a little chuckle that made me feel the butterflies again. It gave me a good feeling, making him laugh.

"I'm staying here with my uncle." He told me.

"For how long?"

"I'm not really sure. It could be months, or until after I graduate, I might even stay for the summer. It all depends." He explained.

"Depends on what?" I asked.

"I can't tell you. It's a secret."

I didn't want to pry any further so I just left it at that and turned back to my drawing.

"What are you drawing?" He asked trying to sneak a peek.

I just shrugged.

So far it was an arm with a vine wrapped around it. It was supposed to be my arm but I haven't drawn my scars yet. I'm actually glad I didn't otherwise Sean would see it and think something is wrong with me.

"Okay then." He muttered under his breath.

He had a frustrated look on his face as he sighed and turned all of his focus to the front of the room.