Chapter 30

Carly POV

My time during the entire car ride home was spent playing with Alfred. I was so happy to own such a cute little pug.

I loved him with all my heart already.  Alfred is the first dog I've ever owned.  I once had a hamster when I was younger, but after my dad passed, Brandon wouldn't let me have any other pets.

Now that I've been staying with Sean, I should've asked if it were ok with him for me to get a dog. I just hope that Sean will like Alfred. There's no way I could leave my puppy now if Sean doesn't want a dog.

Hannah and I walked in the house to be greeted by Jake.

"Hey, babe. You ready to go?" He asked Hannah while putting his arm around her and kissing her on the forehead.

"Yeah."

"Sean's in the kitchen. Cute dog. I'll see ya later, Carly." Jake told me.

"Bye." Hannah said while she walked out the door.

I gave her a little wave as she left. Instead of going by Sean right away, I lunged my shopping bags and Alfred up to his room.

I wasn't in there long before I heard Sean's footsteps approaching.

He came in and jumped onto his bed. I held Alfred in my arms, but he didn't take a second glance to notice him.

"How was shopping?" He asked me.

"Good. How was your guy's day?"

"It was fun. Although, I did miss you."

"You're too sweet." I said.

"No I'm- Wait. Is that a Victoria Secret bag?" He asked.

"Yeah."

I wanted to roll my eyes. He notices the bag of lingerie but not the living animal in my arms.

"Can I see what's in it?"

"No."

"Why not?" 

"Because I don't want you to." I told him.

"Why'd you get anything from there in the first place if it wasn't for me to see?" He asked.

"I didn't want to but Hannah picked some things out and made me get them."

"Remind me to thank her later because whether you want me to or not, I will get to see you in them someday." He wiggled his eyebrows at me to emphasize his point.

"Ok."

"Oh. And what's with the dog?"

So now he notices.

"Isn't he cute?" I asked.

"I guess."

He didn't look so thrilled about Alfred, which made me pout.

"Hannah and I were walking in the mall when I saw him in the window of that pet place. I just had to get him." I explained.