Chapter 15

Carly POV

"Oh, sweetie! Are you ok? I was so worried about you! Tell me what happened." My mom asked as she rushed across the room to give me a hug.

"I'm fine, mom." I told her.

"You're not fine. You're in the hospital and your brother is dead. I was in hysterics when I found out at work. I still am actually. Nothing is fine. Now tell me what happened." My mom demanded sternly though she was on the verge of tears.

"Brandon shot me." I told her quietly.

"There's no way he would've done such a thing." My mom denied.

"It's true. I was there." Sean finally spoke up.

"And who are you?" She asked him.

"I'm Carly's boyfriend." He answered.

"There's no way. Carly's never had a boyfriend in her life before. Brandon was way too overprotective and wouldn't allow her to date." She said.

I couldn't help the scoff that left my mouth. She had it all so wrong.

"That's actually what the fight we had was about. He didn't want me to date Carly but I wouldn't take no for an answer so things got physical. Carly came in and then he shot her." Sean explained. I couldn't help but notice how he didn't tell her about Brandon abusing me.

"And then you killed him." She accused.

"I did it to protect your daughter." He defended.

"You killed him!" She screamed. 

She was crying and screaming and then she started hitting Sean. She was right, she is hysterical.

Sean didn't hit her back or try to defend himself at all. He just let her pound on his chest.

Finally, some doctors came in and called security to take her away.

I could understand why she reacted this way. The loss of her son was surely a lot to take in after what happened with my father. I only wished she would've believed Sean and I and stayed by my side.

"She didn't hurt you, did she?" I asked Sean once my mother left.

"No. She might've left a bruise or two, but I'm fine." He said and kissed my forehead.

I couldn't hold in my tears anymore.

"Shh, Baby. Everything is going to be ok." Sean whispered in my ear as he held me in his arms.

"Brandon's gone and my mom doesn't believe me."

"I know it's hard and this hurts, but it'll get better. I promise. He was your brother, but soon you'll realize it's a good thing he can't hurt you any longer. And you're mom will come around. I know she will because she clearly loves you." Sean said.

"How do you know exactly what to say to make me feel better?"

"I just tell you the truth."

"Do you think I should stay with my mom for awhile to help her get through Brandon's death? She's taking it pretty hard and I think she needs me." I told him.

"My offer for you to stay with me will always be on the table if you ever want to take me up on it. I understand if you need to be with your mom. But if you ever need me, just call and I'll be there." He told me.

"Thank you, Sean." I said.

"It's really no problem. I care about you and I want to help you in any way I can." He said.

After such a long night, it became harder to keep in all of the random embarrassing thoughts inside my head.

"I've never met anyone like you before." I softly blurted out.

"What do you mean 'you've never met anyone like me'?" He asked.

"No one has ever been this nice to me. And I don't think I've ever met someone as sweet and understanding as you are. You're so handsome and perfect. I don't understand why you'd waste all your time on someone like me." I babbled on.

"Someone like you?" He asked.

"I'm broken. My skin is marred in scars and bruises. I have so many issues that have already caused you far too much trouble. There's a reason I have no friends and now my mom is the only family I have left."

"You don't realize how truly beautiful you are. I don't care about your scars or bruises. And I will be your friend or your family, anything you need me to be." Sean said.

"You deserve someone better than me." I told him.

"No. I don't want anyone else. I only want you." He said.

"Why?"

"You're beautiful, and smart, and kind. You have such a great personality. I'm not going to lie, I think I'm falling for you." He said.

And then, he kissed me.