Chapter 23

Carly POV

I watched as Sean took my bags and carried them out to the car.

Ever since he asked me to come visit his parents he seemed sort of relieved. However, part of me still felt like he might be hiding something more from me.

"I'm gonna miss you!" Penelope cried as I held her in my arms.

"I'm going to miss you too but don't worry because I won't be gone forever." I told her.

I love this little girl so much and I hate that I'm the reason she's crying. I don't want to leave her.

Her tears eventually sparked some of my own. I didn't think it'd be this hard to leave for only a week.

Then Derek and Margaret came in. I gave both of them hugs and thanked them for their hospitality.

"I really appreciate you lettting me stay here for the past few weeks." I told Margaret as I start to pull away from our hug.

"It was really no problem at all. We loved having you here and you're welcome anytime." She told me.

It was kind of weird that we were saying goodbyes like that. They made it sound like we wouldn't be returning after a week. Just the thought of that made me sad.

Sean came back in to lead me outside to the car. We waved to them before we got into the car.

I sat down in the passenger seat and of how much I'm going to miss them.

Sean hopped into the drivers seat and started the car.

The tears only fell harder after we drove far enough away the house was no longer in our sights. Sean grabbed my hand and kissed it to comfort me.

"It's ok, baby. We'll see them again." He reassured.

"I know but I'm going to miss them a lot." I told him.

"I get it. I liked being with them too. They're a good family." He said.

"Yeah, but why did it seem like we were saying goodbye forever?" I asked.

He let go of my hand so that he could scratch his head. I could tell that he was feeling nervous now.

"Well, um, that's because I was actually thinking if we come back, maybe we could get our own apartment or something instead of staying with them." He said with his voice higher than usual.

"If we come back?"

"Yeah but-"

"You mean to tell me that this is just a scheme to take me to your parents house letting me think we're "just visiting" so that you can convince me to move there and we'll never be coming back here at all?" I questioned furiously.

"Carly-"

"Don't you Carly me. I can't believe you would lie to me like that. I thought I could trust you but now I'm not so sure. You must think I'm a fool that I would fall so easily for your plan." I crossed my arms for extra effect of how angry I really was.

Him trying to trick me did not sit well with me at all. My fears of being apart of some game of his were coming true as I learned of this new deceit.

"Will you let me talk now?" He asks gently.

"What?"

"I wasn't going to make you stay if you didn't want to. But I would actually like for you to meet my parents. I think you'll really like it there and moving there would be a good step for our relationship." He told me.

He could be as sweet and reasonable as he wants, but I couldn't quite let this go yet.

"I don't think so. I'll go for the week that I promised you and then you will take me back home." I said sternly.

"Ok." He sighed.

"I'm going to take a nap."

Just as I unbuckled he gave me a disapproving look.

"That's unsafe."

"I don't care." I told him before crawling into the backseat.

"Carly-"

"I don't want to talk to you right now." I snapped at him.

"Could you please just put your seatbelt on back there?"

Sometimes I didn't understand why he needs to be so overprotective all the time. I decided it would be best to oblige and buckled up.

I found one of his hoodies back there so I used it as a pillow. The scent of the hoodie helped lull me to sleep.

I hated that it was so hard to stay angry at him. It was becoming clear that I need him almost as much as I need air.