Chapter 24

Carly POV

"Are we there yet?" Was the first thing I asked when I woke up.

"Not quite. We have about ten more minutes."

"Ugh. Ok." I groaned sitting up.

"Can we just talk more about this?" He asked.

"Not now." I said as I stretched out my back.

"Then when? We're going to have to resolve our argument sometime." He told me.

"I know we do. I'm just still upset and I'm not ready to talk about it again."

"Ok fine. I don't want to fight with you anymore." He said giving up.

"I don't want to fight with you either but it's hard not to be mad when you lied to me." I said.

"I'm sorry."

I didn't feel like saying anything after that so I didn't.

It wasn't long before we reached his house anyway.

His house was amazing. It was huge and just plain gorgeous.

"Who all lives here?" I asked him. This mansion was too large to be housing only a few people.

"My parents, grandparents, and I."

I think he was a bit happier now that I was asking him questions and at least talking to him again.

"Seems like a lot of space for only five people." I thought out loud.

"Well sometimes they invite a lot of our family over for holidays and such, so it's nice to have plenty of guest rooms for them to stay in." He explained.

"Speaking of guest rooms, I'd like to stay in one tonight." I told him.

His entire face fell and I almost felt bad. Almost. I still think he deserves it.

"You mean stay in a guest room without me?" He asked.

"Well duh. I'm still mad and I need a little space and also some time." I said.

"Ok."

He still looked upset about me not staying with him tonight but I couldn't bring myself to care about that right now.

We grabbed our bags from the trunk and I refused his offer to help carry my things. He didn't need to be touching my stuff right now, and anyway, I could carry my own bags. I'm not helpless.

"You're doing a lot more than you need to, just to prove your point." Sean muttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I get that you're mad at me, but you don't have to refuse my help just to prove that you don't need me."

I didn't reply to that.

Maybe I was trying to prove that I didn't need him, even if it is a lie. Everything in my life has gotten so much better since I first met him.

I know I don't have to act so stubborn, but I can't forgive him so easily. If I let him get away with lying to me this time, he's only going to do it again.

He lead me into the house. It was just as nice on the inside as it was on the outside.

"They're here!" I heard a lady's voice as I admired the house.

A man and a woman, who must be Sean's parents, came in from what I assume was the living room.

"Hello! I'm Lacey, Sean's mom, and this is his dad, Mark. We're so happy to finally meet you!" She said excitedly before giving me a hug.

"It's great to meet you too!" I replied.

"Carly, it's so nice to see the beautiful young lady who makes my son happy." Mark told me.

"Thank you." I said simply.

"Before we have dinner, you must take Carly's bags and show her to your room." He told Sean.

"Actually, she'll be staying in one of our guest rooms." Sean responded.

Both of his parents looked kind of surprised. They shouldn't be.

"Well, alright. Show her to our guest rooms then."

I now hated more than ever that Sean and I were in disagreement. The awkwardness of staying with his family when everything wasn't alright between us made me wish we never had our fight.

Sean lead me throughout the house, occasionally telling me which room was which, like when he pointed out the library or his dad's office.

"This is my room." Sean informed me when we stopped at a large mahogany door.

He opened the door and entered his room. I stayed in the doorway, not sure if I wanted to follow him all the way in or not.

His room was enormous. The walls were painted cerulean and blue seemed to be the primary theme with gray accents her and there. He had a small book shelf in the corner and a gaming system with the TV stationed across the room from his king sized bed. I could hardly imagine what he would actually need all this space for.

"I told you I'm not staying in here with you." I said.

"I know. I don't expect you to, I just wanted to set my stuff in here and show you where I'll be if you need me." He said while tossing his bags onto the bed.

"Oh."

He then lead me to the end of the hallway and turned to a new door that looked less grand than his had.

When he opened it, I could see cream colored satin sheets and beige walls. It was only half the size of Sean's large bedroom, but it would be sufficient for me.

"This is the room you'll be staying in. That is, unless you change your mind." He mumbled that last part but I could still hear it.

"Don't push it." I glared him.

"Sorry. Bathroom will be the first door on your left." He told me before leaving the room.

I jumped on the bed and landed with a groan. This is going be a long week if things stayed ice cold between us.