Chapter 22

Sean POV

It's been two weeks that Carly has stayed at Derek's house with me.

Things have been good between us, although rather slow. I'm perfectly content with the pace we're going at if it's what Carly wants. Kissing her and holding her in my and at night is enough for me.

Unfortunately, my friends and family have started asking me when I'm coming back home.

I would love to be able to go back home, but I'm afraid Carly won't come with me. I don't know what to do if I ask her and she says no.

The whole thought of her saying no scares me. If only I could ensure a way for her to come with me.

My phone starts to ring and I'm hoping that it's Carly calling.

I look to see that it's my dad calling me. I didn't what to talk to him right now, but I answer his call anyway.

"What?" I ask.

"Sean, that is no way to greet your father." He scolds me.

"Sorry, Dad. What do you want?"

"I want you to come back home." He said stubbornly.

"I know, but I can't if my mate won't agree to come with me. I'll ask her soon, I'm just worried she won't want to come with me."

"Why wouldn't she? I thought you said she's been staying with you for the past couple weeks." He asked.

"Yes, she has but- I don't know." I said not really having an answer for him.

"Please come home." He begs and then quietly whispers into the phone. "Your mother has been driving me crazy."

"What?"

"It's true. She misses you so much, I have to deal with her crying and whining about you all the time. Some nights I can't even sleep in my own bed. She once dragged me down the hall so that we could sleep in your room." He tells me.

"You've been sleeping in my bed?" I asked not believing they would do that.

"Yes! She's never been away from you for so long and now she's losing her mind!" He shouts.

"You guys don't have sex in my bed though right?" I asked a bit cautiously.

"No. We've hardly done any of that and it's your fault." He accuses me.

"I was just checking."

"Yeah, whatever. Even if you can't stay for a long time because of your mate, at least come for a short visit. I don't care, but you can't leave me with her like this for much longer."

"Fine. I'll talk to Carly about it today." I told him.

"Thank you."

"No problem, I'll see you soon I guess." I said before hanging up.

Just then, Carly walks into the room. I had a feeling she might've been waiting for me to get off the phone.

"Who were you talking to?" Carly asks me as she sits down on the bed next to me.

"That was my dad." I told her.

"Ok. Cool." She said.

"He was just telling me about how much my mom misses me. And he asked if I would go visit them soon. I want you to come with me." I said.

"Really? You want me to go meet your parents?" She asked with a look of disbelief on her face.

"Yeah. Of course, you don't have to go if you really don't want to but it's just that we've been dating for awhile and I'm sure my parents would love to meet you." I was so nervous I couldn't seem to stop myself from babbling.

"Sure. It's not like I'm going to miss anything now that's nothing here for me anyway." She replied.

"You still have me." I assured her.

"Then I'll go where you go." She said making everything sound so simple.

"I love you."

"So when will we be leaving?" She asked with the most beautiful blush on her face.

It was ok with me that she wasn't ready to say "I love you" back. I didn't mind her changing the subject either so I let her. I was just glad that she finally knew how I felt.

"How's tomorrow sound?"

"Good. How long will we be staying?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, maybe a week or so?" I said. If she didn't want to stay any longer, we wouldn't but I hoped we could stay much longer than a week. When the time comes, I'll ask her if she wants to move there to stay forever.