Ch19: Even Angels Fall

*Edit 2020.

Kaminari's body in engulfed in light as her transformation take place. Large white wings emerging from beneath the skin and sliding through the slits of her forest green scouts cloak, as the next part of her transformation takes place.

Unknown to all but four, the second part to her transformation were razor sharp claws that extend from her finger tips. They were gruesome and disgusting and she never let anyone else see them. Kaminari already believed she was a monster, she didn't need anyone else to verify it.

The Titan shifter paused, seemingly in hesitation as it gets a good look at the figure floating mid air. Kaminari was just as the Titan shifter remembered. She was truly no different from her six year old self, only a little more deadly. She hadn't grown a heap.

After all, the Titan shifter and many of her kind, had practically known the girl since birth. It was following her sixth birthday that the higher ups, through prolific planning, injected her into the underground, after successfully wiping her memory. But that was a story for another time.

Hatred didn't even begin to describe the overwhelming emotions that blinded Kaminari at that moment. She could barely comprehend or grieve the loss of her comrades at this time, her focus was on biding Eren time. Enough time to run as far away from this monstrous shifter opposite her. She didn't care what it would cost to ensure at least one of her comrades survived - Eren had to live.

From his position on a branch away from where the stand off was taking place, Eren took one look in Kaminari's direction before knowing exactly what she was going to ask him to do. Run. Run far away and never look back. Not until he was behind the safety of the Walls and in the custody of Levi and Erwin.

Eren's hands shook uncontrollably for what he was about to do and his throat constricted as he desperately tried to keep his breathing under control. But Eren knew there was no use in trying to hide the torrent of emotions that assaulted his being, as tears continued to stream down his face. If the rest of the Squad couldn't beat the female Titan there'd have to be a slim-to-none chance that Kaminari actually could.

'Stop,' Eren inwardly scolds himself. 'I believe in Kaminari. She wouldn't die that easily...' He clenched his fists as another grisly thought comes to mind. 'But the rest of the Levi Squad couldn't stop her. They died so I could live! Am I really going to let Kaminari face this alone?' As he looks over to where his comrade launches herself at the Titan, meeting her murderous gaze.

She was going to try avenge her comrades, even if it cost Kaminari her life.

She was tired of living anyway.

It only takes a few seconds for Eren to regretfully salute his friend, as if it were the last time he'd see her before turning on heel and not looking back. 'What am I going to tell Armin, Reiner and Bertolt?'

Inwardly, Kaminari sighed as her claws slash the beasts right eye, noticing that Eren was finally leaving the area. In all honesty, she knew she won't be giving him much of a head start but she didn't care. She would try her damnedest to give him every opportunity she couldn't give the rest of her squad.

She kicks off the Titan, making sure to dodge the punch sent her way as the second hand goes to snatch her out of the air. Wings pull tight against the body as she clings herself in a backwards arc, missing the hands that snapped in her direction.