1.3

It was almost seven am on the third training day. Within the members of the 104th trainee squad, the final participant would be undertaking the aptitude test.

The cadets bustle around the dining hall, jeering and mocking the only cadet to fail the test so far. A small twelve year old that'd stand at 5'4", was the only one missing from the 104th trainee cadets, which didn't go unnoticed by her closest acquaintances; Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Armin Arlert, Sasha Blouse and Eren Jaeger.

They were all eager to see the blonde's face before the test, but much to their discontent, she did not show.

Instead the young but experienced blonde sat twiddling her thumbs, on the arm chair in Commander Keith Shadis' office. The two were in a deep discussion about the broken clasp on the 3dm gear, belonging to Eren Jaeger. "How could you of not realised that it was broken, Keith! For gods sake. When you realise that a cadet is failing at something as pitifully as Jaeger was, wouldn't you realise that something was wrong?" The blonde queries with a lazy wave of the hand.

The stern bald man bit his tongue, to refrain from yelling at his equal. She was quite good at pretending to be a cadet, running on orders from Captain Levi. "Kaminari, I get it. How about I give him a bit of a scare first, then get the belts changed over?"

The girl merely hums in approval, rotating her wrist to check the time and stood to leave the room. The voice of the commander halted her in the doorway. "Moriko! You do know Levi just wanted what's best for you? By sending you back he hopes you learn to be a kids again and maybe create bonds with people your own age."

Her hand gripped the wood on the door and she didn't look back. "I understand what he was trying to do but it ultimately failed. The day I was incarcerated by the Military Police because of my... unusual abilities. I was forced to grow up and the normal childlike nature of a seven year old died. The worst part was that when I now become settled with my group and begin to trust others, I'm torn away to socialise and create bonds with these children for the next three years." Her voice had grown louder and anger was clear at the end. It didn't go unnoticed by Commander Shadis.

The Commander sighed as the blonde takes her leave without another word. "You deserved so much better, Kaminari Moriko."

<><~~~<><~~~~~~~~~~~<><~~~~<><~~~~~~~

All of the cadets had gathered around the equipment for the final aptitude test taker. They patiently waiting for Commander Shaids to enter and at the sound of the squeaking door, they snap their heads towards it. But it was only Kaminari exiting the building.

She pushed through the crowd of cadets until reached the familiar faces of Reiner and Eren. Kaminari placed a comforting hand on Eren's shoulder, feeling his nervous energy already. "Look, Eren. Everything's going to work out. We all have faith in you, whether you realise it or not. Just go out there and do your best."

The brunet remained quiet but nodded his head. He couldn't imagine failing. Not again. Commander Shadis exited the building soon after and Eren adjusted his clasps before being lifted. The boy held steady for a few seconds, looking quite hopeful this time around.

Kaminari hid her face in Reiner's shoulder muttering, "I can't watch this." Eren suddenly flipped forwards until he was hanging upside down.

Eren Jaeger's limp body was lowered to the ground. He was devastated. "No, no! Not yet I can do it!" He begged but Shadis dropped him, looking a little dejected. Commander Shadis neutral expression or resting bitch face, as Kaminari called it, remained unmoving as he spoke in a loud voice.