Ch0: Begin

^ Kaminari Moriko
*Small Edit. I will slowly edit this story, so some sections may be subjected to change.
< >

More than one hundred years ago, humans were brought to the brink of extinction at the hand of the Titans almost overnight. What remains of humanity now resides within three enormous concentric walls: the outermost, Wall Maria, the middle wall, Wall Rose and the innermost, Wall Sina.

Inside these walls, humanity has lived in peace for one hundred years. Many having grown up without ever seeing a Titan. This all changes when the Colossal Titan - a 60 meters tall behemoth - mysteriously appeared, after an unexpected strike of lightning.

The titan wasted little time in breaching the outer wall of the Shiganshina District, the southern district of Wall Maria. The hole created a passageway for smaller titans to invade the district, which they took advantage of. They slaughtered mankind too easily for humanities liking.

The Armored Titan then appeared and smashed clean through Wall Maria, forcing what was left mankind to abandon the land between Wall Maria and Wall Rose, evacuating the remaining population into the inner districts.

While most of humanity stayed hidden within the walls, there were some who venture out into Titan territory to try reclaim the land. They were known as the Survey Corps - that dealt with human expansion, titan research and defending civilians within the Walls.

The Survey Corps is composed of expeditionary soldiers that are tasked in fighting the titans outside of the Walls. Their main goal is to discover the origins of the Titans. What their motives are and ultimately, how to fight and defeat them. They are an integral part in the military's campaign in recapturing Wall Maria.

The soldiers of the Survey Corps appeared to be fighting a losing battle, until the discovery of one cadet, Eren Jaeger, being a Titan shifter. He would then be used as a weapon to help protect mankind. But unknown to the public, there was already a weapon in their midst. The weapon was walking about their streets and fighting alongside their soldiers.

As humanity's future continued to look bleaker and the fight for survival became more desperate. Kaminari was forced to blur the lines of what it was meant to be human and her duty as a soldier. The struggle between loosing her humanity and staying human was a constant battle for Kaminari, as she learns that it's in humanity's best interest to keep her secret buried or risk losing people to the fear of the unexplainable.

What happens when secrets are revealed?

What happens when Kaminari is forced to show her true colours to her friends?

Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan including the characters or plot line. I only own Kaminari Moriko and her plot, as well as any other characters I may add in.