Guilt and Sharing the blame

Third Person POV:

Armin and Ian crowd around the wooden crate sifting through strategies, coming up with a blueprint that has the most chance of success. But considering the circumstances, the success of the escapade is uncertain.

The plan set fourth relies heavily on Eren Jaeger being able to shift into a titan, lift the big ass boulder and plug the breach in the Trost District of Wall Rose.

As the two spitball ideas for the blueprint, Mikasa Ackerman keeps an eye out for when Eren will soon be returning with Commander Pixas, whilst keeping a scrutinizing gaze on Captain Moriko.

The said Captain sits idly on the edge of the wall, her feet dangling down and her enormous white feathered wings folded against her back. Mikasa takes the time to study the unknown figure who'd seemingly been missing from action for a few months, being on a 'special assignment'.

The 'woman' is extremely short, her figure being completely concealed by the green Scout Regiment cloak and the hood prevents anyone seeing her face. But because of how long she's been around, Mikasa could only assume that she around her early 20's purely based on how she was said to be an invaluable cadet seven years ago when she joined the survey corps.  (A/N: remember she's 15 now. She was incarcerated by the MP's when she was seven and it took a year to train as a cadet before they threw her out into the Survey Corps, therefore being aged 8 at the time).

'She's a mystery, just like Kaminari.' Mikasa's heart pangs at the thought of her missing comrade, sure the blonde liked to get on her nerves but she respected everyone, treating them as equals and wasn't willing to leave anyone behind without a fight.

But Kaminari hadn't returned.

Amongst all the chaos, she didn't realised that the girl hadn't returned until now. 'What are Reiner and Bertolt going to do once they find out she's missing? How am I going to tell Armin that his biggest supporter is probably dead? How are the 104th Cadet trainees going to function without the wisdom and guidance of the tiny blonde?' A wave of nausea washes over the ravenette as she tries to reign in her wild thoughts, trying her best to remain positive.

But she knew the chances of someone currently missing just suddenly turning up alive is a one in a million chance and that chance is one that everyone is praying for, especially when their friends or family go missing.

Mikasa shakes the thoughts away as Eren and Commander Pixas arrive, the Commander is immediately informed of the plan that Armin and Ian were brainstorming.

Commander Pixas approaches the edge of the wall where the cadets and the Garrison regiment are crowding. "Staff Officers up! We have a plan to flesh out!"

Armin visibly bristles wide eyed, "what?! We can't seriously be moving forward with this plan? It's just something I tossed out there." He exclaims in disbelief, not entirely trusting his idea that Ian had helped him make sense of.

Eren pats Armin on the shoulder reassuringly, "I was thinking the same thing, except he seems like a man who looks like he knows what he's doing especially with Captain Moriko by his side. The two of them have it all under control, we can't see the forest from the trees but they have a bird's eye view." He states as he observes the two of them dealing with the staff officers.

Mikasa and Armin follow his gaze, watching as the Captain and Commander have a few hushed words with the officers. "You think so?" Armin asks hopefully, Eren nods confidently. "I do, but we have a whole other problem to deal with to get this off the ground. My gut tells me that both the Commander and Captain Moriko are keenly aware of it."

"Which would be?" Queries Mikasa, a grave look appearing on Eren's face as he addresses his two friends, "titans aren't our only foe." A brief look of confusion flashes across their faces as Commander Pixas approaches the edge of the wall once again.