Caught

So I owe you guys an explanations s to why I haven't been updating this book, as well as a few others. I've been swamped with assignments and family dramas over the last two months in particular. Yes my excuses sound lame and over used, but after next week (as I won't be home) I will be updating more now that exams and stuff will be over.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter!

Third Person POV:

Eren quirks a smile at their synchronisation before remembering, much to Kaminari's dismay, what he had to say. "Why are we in the forest?! We won't see a titain until it's right on top of us! And the centre rank's completely cut off." He pauses, taking a large and much needed breath as he stares directly into Kaminari's blank emerald eyes. "Something's coming up on the right isn't it? Then what are we suppose to do? Protect the wagons?!"

"Quiet whining you suicudal bastard, it's obvious that neither of those are options any longer."

"What are you talking about?" Eren asks exasperated, annoyed that Kaminari nor Levi had felt the need to inform him of anything. And it greatly confused him as to why Kaminari was acting so aloof compared to her days as a trainee, although he should've expected it. She had a completely different upbringing than most before being thrown into the scouts. If Eren had to guess, this is what she's like when shes with the Scouts.

Over the years he had seen a more playful of Kaminari, a side that is hidden beneath an aloof facade. A facade so well crafted, that given the circumstances, she would fall back into it without so much as a second thought. Eren sighs as Kaminari breaks eyes contact and stares into the ominous shadows around them, alert as always. 

Eren's wasn't satisfied with the girl's lack of response, growling as the feeling of dread begins to rise, but a steely pair of eyes catch him off guard. The eyes belonged to Captain Levi, ones that watched the blonde's every move and interaction with Jaeger with an annoyed expression. "Kaminari's right. Haven't you noticed what's around you? Take a look at these big ass trees. Perfect environment for 3DM gear, wouldn't you say? Take our advice Eren and use your head. The best survival tool is your brain."

Eren's panic morphs into reasurrance from Levi's words, thinking how it's just his inexperience that was throwing him off and not Kaminari's cold shoulde. Finally content with his thoughts, Eren turns to see Oluo whispering incoherently to himself, Petra and Gunther looking utterly terrified and unsure of the events taking place.

And that is when Eren truly panics.

He mentally runs through every possible solution but all he comes up with is one last haunting thought, 'does this mean that Captain Levi and Kaminari are also clueless?' Suddenly another black flare is shot into the sky, alerting them of the presence of the looming abnormal.

"Black smoke!"

Eld grunts in annoyance, not willing to look back as the footfalls if the Titan grow louder with every thundering step. "Damn thing's been on our ass for a while now." The rest of the group watch as the Captains nod towards eachother, the ravenette being the one to give out the orders. "Blades drawn, now!" The group does so without question, and for the first time in a while Kaminari speaks up. "Be prepared. It will happen in a blink of an eye and be over before you know it."

The blonde doesn't even look back as she speaks, flinching at the hauntingly familiar sound of a person being slapped out of mid air is heard behind her. The loud foot falls of the abnormal is finally upon them. "GO! MOVE IT!" Levi shouts, desperately wanting his team out of harms way as the beast closes the distance between them at a rapid pace.